Intimate summer wedding in the woods surrounded by nature
Justin and Dan had a beautiful wedding day with tons of personal touches gifted to them by friends—a friend graciously officiated the wedding, friends sang during the ceremony, handwritten chalkboards and signs were gifted and even the flowers were made by the bridal party and loved ones.
The Pump House B&B was the perfect spot for these two to have their rustic DIY wedding in the woods. The space allowed the couple and their families to stay the weekend and gave them time to decorate. The ceremony was under a canopy of trees and a handcrafted archway and their reception in the old pump house was unique.
Justin and Dan met at a house party in Philly when their friends were trying diligently to play matchmaker and get them in the same room. Their friends’ intuitions were right! Seven years later, Dan asked Justin to be his husband on a surprise kayaking trip in Barryville, New York.
Because of their love for nature and their history getting engaged on the water and in the woods, they wanted their wedding day to reflect those same feelings of the summer sun. They wanted it to feel like an elevated whimsical picnic in the forest with the ones they loved most. Justin went with a classic black tux, whereas Dan decided to get a little funky and went with a tan summer tux jacket from J.Crew with Grenson semi-platform shoes. The duo looked dapper as anything against the greenery of the forest.
Photographer: Keristin of Haley Richter Photography
Reception Venue: Pump House Bed and Breakfast
Caterer: Mayberry Hospitality LLC
Ring Designer: Ken and Dana Design
DJ: Must Be The DJ’s
Bakery: Bella’s Bliss Bakery
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Joyous park engagement session in Washington with canine cameos
- State Dept. should allow embassies to advocate for marriage equality, Democrats say
- How to pick the perfect proposal spot
- Bright and joyful wedding at a Los Angeles automobile museum
- Sunny South Carolina elopement surrounded by greenery
- Elegant micro wedding ideas with live music and chic blue cake
- Lance Bass & Michael Turchin can’t stop gushing about their newborn twins
- Oklahoma elopement in the Wichita Mountains with enchanting all-black attire
- Creative LGBTQ+ wedding ideas for your clients
- This couple transformed their home into a fabulous wedding venue
- Botswana court of appeals hears case on decriminalization of homosexuality
- Cozy at home proposal with coffee and kisses
- Cardi B surprise officiated a lesbian wedding with help from Raven Symoné
- Keep an eye out for these 2022 wedding trends
- September garden wedding at a 15th century Italian villa
- Lesbian brides accidentally wore the same dress and the first look photos are priceless
- Glowing sunset wedding in Glacier National Park
- Dreamy greenhouse engagement session in New Jersey
- How to choose a wedding hairstyle
- Backyard South Carolina wedding on the lake