Intimate summer wedding in the woods surrounded by nature
Justin and Dan had a beautiful wedding day with tons of personal touches gifted to them by friends—a friend graciously officiated the wedding, friends sang during the ceremony, handwritten chalkboards and signs were gifted and even the flowers were made by the bridal party and loved ones.
The Pump House B&B was the perfect spot for these two to have their rustic DIY wedding in the woods. The space allowed the couple and their families to stay the weekend and gave them time to decorate. The ceremony was under a canopy of trees and a handcrafted archway and their reception in the old pump house was unique.
Justin and Dan met at a house party in Philly when their friends were trying diligently to play matchmaker and get them in the same room. Their friends’ intuitions were right! Seven years later, Dan asked Justin to be his husband on a surprise kayaking trip in Barryville, New York.
Because of their love for nature and their history getting engaged on the water and in the woods, they wanted their wedding day to reflect those same feelings of the summer sun. They wanted it to feel like an elevated whimsical picnic in the forest with the ones they loved most. Justin went with a classic black tux, whereas Dan decided to get a little funky and went with a tan summer tux jacket from J.Crew with Grenson semi-platform shoes. The duo looked dapper as anything against the greenery of the forest.
Photographer: Keristin of Haley Richter Photography
Reception Venue: Pump House Bed and Breakfast
Caterer: Mayberry Hospitality LLC
Ring Designer: Ken and Dana Design
DJ: Must Be The DJ’s
Bakery: Bella’s Bliss Bakery
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- 19 LGBTQ+ inclusive Texas wedding vendors save the day for two grooms rejected by bigoted venue
- LGBTQ-friendly wedding planning apps you need to try
- On the first day of same-sex marriage in Taiwan, 157 couples will wed
- Here’s everything you need to include on your wedding website
- These are the top destinations for LGBTQ+ Pride events this year
- 11 wedding hats that will make your day as dapper as possible
- Should you both propose? 4 questions to consider before asking
- This fall countryside wedding has all the moody, romantic vibes you need
- 5 spring weddings we love that make great seasonal inspiration
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage