Intimate summer wedding in the woods surrounded by nature
Justin and Dan had a beautiful wedding day with tons of personal touches gifted to them by friends—a friend graciously officiated the wedding, friends sang during the ceremony, handwritten chalkboards and signs were gifted and even the flowers were made by the bridal party and loved ones.
The Pump House B&B was the perfect spot for these two to have their rustic DIY wedding in the woods. The space allowed the couple and their families to stay the weekend and gave them time to decorate. The ceremony was under a canopy of trees and a handcrafted archway and their reception in the old pump house was unique.
Justin and Dan met at a house party in Philly when their friends were trying diligently to play matchmaker and get them in the same room. Their friends’ intuitions were right! Seven years later, Dan asked Justin to be his husband on a surprise kayaking trip in Barryville, New York.
Because of their love for nature and their history getting engaged on the water and in the woods, they wanted their wedding day to reflect those same feelings of the summer sun. They wanted it to feel like an elevated whimsical picnic in the forest with the ones they loved most. Justin went with a classic black tux, whereas Dan decided to get a little funky and went with a tan summer tux jacket from J.Crew with Grenson semi-platform shoes. The duo looked dapper as anything against the greenery of the forest.
Photographer: Keristin of Haley Richter Photography
Reception Venue: Pump House Bed and Breakfast
Caterer: Mayberry Hospitality LLC
Ring Designer: Ken and Dana Design
DJ: Must Be The DJ’s
Bakery: Bella’s Bliss Bakery
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Why our double proposal is a celebration of LGBTQ+ pride
- How our lives changed when we became gay parents with kids
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank