Intimate summer wedding in the woods surrounded by nature
Justin and Dan had a beautiful wedding day with tons of personal touches gifted to them by friends—a friend graciously officiated the wedding, friends sang during the ceremony, handwritten chalkboards and signs were gifted and even the flowers were made by the bridal party and loved ones.
The Pump House B&B was the perfect spot for these two to have their rustic DIY wedding in the woods. The space allowed the couple and their families to stay the weekend and gave them time to decorate. The ceremony was under a canopy of trees and a handcrafted archway and their reception in the old pump house was unique.
Justin and Dan met at a house party in Philly when their friends were trying diligently to play matchmaker and get them in the same room. Their friends’ intuitions were right! Seven years later, Dan asked Justin to be his husband on a surprise kayaking trip in Barryville, New York.
Because of their love for nature and their history getting engaged on the water and in the woods, they wanted their wedding day to reflect those same feelings of the summer sun. They wanted it to feel like an elevated whimsical picnic in the forest with the ones they loved most. Justin went with a classic black tux, whereas Dan decided to get a little funky and went with a tan summer tux jacket from J.Crew with Grenson semi-platform shoes. The duo looked dapper as anything against the greenery of the forest.
Photographer: Keristin of Haley Richter Photography
Reception Venue: Pump House Bed and Breakfast
Caterer: Mayberry Hospitality LLC
Ring Designer: Ken and Dana Design
DJ: Must Be The DJ’s
Bakery: Bella’s Bliss Bakery
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married