This winter mountain elopement on the Dolomites in Italy is seriously cozy
Costanzo and Matteo met a little over a year ago and immediately fell in love with one another. They moved in together almost immediately, and from day one they decided they wanted to live, explore and experience the world together, hand in hand.
Without telling anyone, they decided to travel and reach the impossibly beautiful Lake Braies in the heart of the Dolomites. Lake Braies is a renowned location in Italy, and it gets very crowded during the summer months. The whole lake was frozen, covered by a tiny layer of snow, but the day was warm and sunny.
They rented a private house and walked there together on the morning of their elopement in March. They had their first look on the terrace of the house.
They put on their wintry boutonnieres, then walked together to the corner of the lake where they exchanged their vows and rings, self-celebrating their love as husband and husband.
They ended their wedding day with a stunning lake-front dinner, laughing and kissing in the day of their lives.
They told no one about their elopement; it was a surprise for everyone until the day after when they finally they told all their friends and relatives.
Photographer: ManiSol Wedding
Cinema and Video: ManiSol Wedding
Calligrapher: Bee In Love
Floral Designer: Petite lalà
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding
- Where to propose at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget