This winter mountain elopement on the Dolomites in Italy is seriously cozy
Costanzo and Matteo met a little over a year ago and immediately fell in love with one another. They moved in together almost immediately, and from day one they decided they wanted to live, explore and experience the world together, hand in hand.
Without telling anyone, they decided to travel and reach the impossibly beautiful Lake Braies in the heart of the Dolomites. Lake Braies is a renowned location in Italy, and it gets very crowded during the summer months. The whole lake was frozen, covered by a tiny layer of snow, but the day was warm and sunny.
They rented a private house and walked there together on the morning of their elopement in March. They had their first look on the terrace of the house.
They put on their wintry boutonnieres, then walked together to the corner of the lake where they exchanged their vows and rings, self-celebrating their love as husband and husband.
They ended their wedding day with a stunning lake-front dinner, laughing and kissing in the day of their lives.
They told no one about their elopement; it was a surprise for everyone until the day after when they finally they told all their friends and relatives.
Photographer: ManiSol Wedding
Cinema and Video: ManiSol Wedding
Calligrapher: Bee In Love
Floral Designer: Petite lalà
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Why our double proposal is a celebration of LGBTQ+ pride
- How our lives changed when we became gay parents with kids
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank