Know someone transitioning? There’s a Hallmark card for that!
Do you know someone who is beginning, or in the process of, transitioning? Are you unsure or what to say and are looking for the perfect message of support? Now you can say it with a Hallmark Card!
There is a card currently on the market for celebrating those who are transitioning. The front of the card is decorated with a large butterfly and reads, “You’re becoming who you’ve always been.” The inside of the card is short, sweet and simple with the message, “How wonderful is that?” written in all caps.
A tweet went viral a few days ago after the Hallmark card was found in a store by a teen librarian, Renata Sancken, while she was shopping. Sancken snapped a few pictures of the card and took to Twitter to share her thoughts along with the photos.
“I’ve never seen Hallmark cards for gender transitioning before! Capitalism triumphs over hate??” she wrote to her 1500 followers.
Of course, the card sparked a debate on Sancken’s Twitter post, but Hallmark’s reply was the best response of all.
“Love always wins ❤❤” Hallmark responded to Sancken.
@renatasnacks Love always wins ❤❤
— Hallmark (@Hallmark) May 12, 2017
The card was filed in the Encouragement section, labeled, “Encouragement: Transgender/Transitioning.
Can’t find this card at a store near you? That’s ok, you can order it on Hallmark’s website along with a wide variety of other greetings available in their “Out and Proud” collection.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
- Roxane Gay and Debbie Millman are officially engaged
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- This mom’s wedding speech will make you cry in the best way
- Community was at the heart of this floral summer wedding
- Romantic engagement photos on the beach in Kauai, Hawaii
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Wild child Southwest wedding at Rimrock Ranch in Pioneertown, California
- Why you should absolutely do a post-wedding photo shoot