Know someone transitioning? There’s a Hallmark card for that!
Do you know someone who is beginning, or in the process of, transitioning? Are you unsure or what to say and are looking for the perfect message of support? Now you can say it with a Hallmark Card!
There is a card currently on the market for celebrating those who are transitioning. The front of the card is decorated with a large butterfly and reads, “You’re becoming who you’ve always been.” The inside of the card is short, sweet and simple with the message, “How wonderful is that?” written in all caps.
A tweet went viral a few days ago after the Hallmark card was found in a store by a teen librarian, Renata Sancken, while she was shopping. Sancken snapped a few pictures of the card and took to Twitter to share her thoughts along with the photos.
“I’ve never seen Hallmark cards for gender transitioning before! Capitalism triumphs over hate??” she wrote to her 1500 followers.
Of course, the card sparked a debate on Sancken’s Twitter post, but Hallmark’s reply was the best response of all.
“Love always wins ❤❤” Hallmark responded to Sancken.
@renatasnacks Love always wins ❤❤
— Hallmark (@Hallmark) May 12, 2017
The card was filed in the Encouragement section, labeled, “Encouragement: Transgender/Transitioning.
Can’t find this card at a store near you? That’s ok, you can order it on Hallmark’s website along with a wide variety of other greetings available in their “Out and Proud” collection.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding