Know someone transitioning? There’s a Hallmark card for that!
Do you know someone who is beginning, or in the process of, transitioning? Are you unsure or what to say and are looking for the perfect message of support? Now you can say it with a Hallmark Card!
There is a card currently on the market for celebrating those who are transitioning. The front of the card is decorated with a large butterfly and reads, “You’re becoming who you’ve always been.” The inside of the card is short, sweet and simple with the message, “How wonderful is that?” written in all caps.
A tweet went viral a few days ago after the Hallmark card was found in a store by a teen librarian, Renata Sancken, while she was shopping. Sancken snapped a few pictures of the card and took to Twitter to share her thoughts along with the photos.
“I’ve never seen Hallmark cards for gender transitioning before! Capitalism triumphs over hate??” she wrote to her 1500 followers.
Of course, the card sparked a debate on Sancken’s Twitter post, but Hallmark’s reply was the best response of all.
“Love always wins ❤❤” Hallmark responded to Sancken.
@renatasnacks Love always wins ❤❤
— Hallmark (@Hallmark) May 12, 2017
The card was filed in the Encouragement section, labeled, “Encouragement: Transgender/Transitioning.
Can’t find this card at a store near you? That’s ok, you can order it on Hallmark’s website along with a wide variety of other greetings available in their “Out and Proud” collection.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day