Know someone transitioning? There’s a Hallmark card for that!
Do you know someone who is beginning, or in the process of, transitioning? Are you unsure or what to say and are looking for the perfect message of support? Now you can say it with a Hallmark Card!
There is a card currently on the market for celebrating those who are transitioning. The front of the card is decorated with a large butterfly and reads, “You’re becoming who you’ve always been.” The inside of the card is short, sweet and simple with the message, “How wonderful is that?” written in all caps.
A tweet went viral a few days ago after the Hallmark card was found in a store by a teen librarian, Renata Sancken, while she was shopping. Sancken snapped a few pictures of the card and took to Twitter to share her thoughts along with the photos.
“I’ve never seen Hallmark cards for gender transitioning before! Capitalism triumphs over hate??” she wrote to her 1500 followers.
Of course, the card sparked a debate on Sancken’s Twitter post, but Hallmark’s reply was the best response of all.
“Love always wins ❤❤” Hallmark responded to Sancken.
@renatasnacks Love always wins ❤❤
— Hallmark (@Hallmark) May 12, 2017
The card was filed in the Encouragement section, labeled, “Encouragement: Transgender/Transitioning.
Can’t find this card at a store near you? That’s ok, you can order it on Hallmark’s website along with a wide variety of other greetings available in their “Out and Proud” collection.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples