Literature-themed lesbian mountaintop wedding
Katie and Makinna married in the spring on top of a mountain in Nevada. The couple decorated their wedding day with teal and gray details. Guests signed a canvas guestbook decorated with teal book binds for filling book shelves in the couple’s home.
Before the ceremony, Katie and Makinna sat together in the same room, back to back to avoid seeing each other, so they could read love letters to each other before their walk down the aisle.
The wedding party dressed in varying shades of gray while some of the youngest attendants wore teal dresses. During the ceremony, Katie and Makinna exchanged books, honoring their love of literature. After the ceremony the newlyweds were greeted with a bubble exit from their guests.
At the reception the signature cocktail available was the “Spirit of Adventure” made with Peach Schnapps, Blue Curacao, Malibu Rum and Sprite. Adventure appeared in the cake as well, decorated with soaring airplanes.
Photographer: Fifth and Chestnut Photo Co.
Venue: Tannenbaum Event Center
Photo booth equipment: Reno Event Services
Dress: David’s Bridal
Cake designer: Cake You Happy
DJ: All About the Music
Makeup artist: Rebecca Schembri
Officiant: Jackie Phillips
Caterer: Blend Catering
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal