Literature-themed lesbian mountaintop wedding
Katie and Makinna married in the spring on top of a mountain in Nevada. The couple decorated their wedding day with teal and gray details. Guests signed a canvas guestbook decorated with teal book binds for filling book shelves in the couple’s home.
Before the ceremony, Katie and Makinna sat together in the same room, back to back to avoid seeing each other, so they could read love letters to each other before their walk down the aisle.
The wedding party dressed in varying shades of gray while some of the youngest attendants wore teal dresses. During the ceremony, Katie and Makinna exchanged books, honoring their love of literature. After the ceremony the newlyweds were greeted with a bubble exit from their guests.
At the reception the signature cocktail available was the “Spirit of Adventure” made with Peach Schnapps, Blue Curacao, Malibu Rum and Sprite. Adventure appeared in the cake as well, decorated with soaring airplanes.
Photographer: Fifth and Chestnut Photo Co.
Venue: Tannenbaum Event Center
Photo booth equipment: Reno Event Services
Dress: David’s Bridal
Cake designer: Cake You Happy
DJ: All About the Music
Makeup artist: Rebecca Schembri
Officiant: Jackie Phillips
Caterer: Blend Catering
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Marriage equality in India is about to see a landmark case
- A summer mountain wedding with two dads and their son, a food truck and rainbow smoke bombs in Asheville, North Carolina
- Top 5 LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming dating apps
- These rugby brides tied the knot after one bride’s wedding party huddle
- Best ways to include dogs in weddings
- A destination mountain wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, with a rainbow cake
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line