Literature-themed lesbian mountaintop wedding
Katie and Makinna married in the spring on top of a mountain in Nevada. The couple decorated their wedding day with teal and gray details. Guests signed a canvas guestbook decorated with teal book binds for filling book shelves in the couple’s home.
Before the ceremony, Katie and Makinna sat together in the same room, back to back to avoid seeing each other, so they could read love letters to each other before their walk down the aisle.
The wedding party dressed in varying shades of gray while some of the youngest attendants wore teal dresses. During the ceremony, Katie and Makinna exchanged books, honoring their love of literature. After the ceremony the newlyweds were greeted with a bubble exit from their guests.
At the reception the signature cocktail available was the “Spirit of Adventure” made with Peach Schnapps, Blue Curacao, Malibu Rum and Sprite. Adventure appeared in the cake as well, decorated with soaring airplanes.
Photographer: Fifth and Chestnut Photo Co.
Venue: Tannenbaum Event Center
Photo booth equipment: Reno Event Services
Dress: David’s Bridal
Cake designer: Cake You Happy
DJ: All About the Music
Makeup artist: Rebecca Schembri
Officiant: Jackie Phillips
Caterer: Blend Catering
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding
- Where to propose at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park