Love is All You Need: A Christmas Eve Marriage Proposal
We originally met when both living in Chicago in 2011 but relocated to Washington, D.C. in 2012 together. As Christmas of 2013 was approaching, we decided to spend the holidays together in D.C., marking the first time that we were separated from our families for the holidays. On the day of Christmas Eve, I swiftly exited the apartment with our Christmas tree, presents and stockings in tow while Thomas was in the shower. Thomas was led to the Jefferson Memorial, despite poorly provided directions, and met me there while the snow began to fall.
While it was hard being away from our families, we realized that all we truly needed was one another. I got down on one knee and proposed on the steps of the Jefferson Memorial. After hearing a big yes, the night was spent at the Willard Hotel where the room was set up with the missing presents, tree, stockings and candles for a very special Christmas. We are excitedly counting down the days until our wedding at the W Chicago – Lakeshore on August 8, 2015!
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal