Love is All You Need: A Christmas Eve Marriage Proposal
We originally met when both living in Chicago in 2011 but relocated to Washington, D.C. in 2012 together. As Christmas of 2013 was approaching, we decided to spend the holidays together in D.C., marking the first time that we were separated from our families for the holidays. On the day of Christmas Eve, I swiftly exited the apartment with our Christmas tree, presents and stockings in tow while Thomas was in the shower. Thomas was led to the Jefferson Memorial, despite poorly provided directions, and met me there while the snow began to fall.
While it was hard being away from our families, we realized that all we truly needed was one another. I got down on one knee and proposed on the steps of the Jefferson Memorial. After hearing a big yes, the night was spent at the Willard Hotel where the room was set up with the missing presents, tree, stockings and candles for a very special Christmas. We are excitedly counting down the days until our wedding at the W Chicago – Lakeshore on August 8, 2015!
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day