Love is All You Need: A Christmas Eve Marriage Proposal
We originally met when both living in Chicago in 2011 but relocated to Washington, D.C. in 2012 together. As Christmas of 2013 was approaching, we decided to spend the holidays together in D.C., marking the first time that we were separated from our families for the holidays. On the day of Christmas Eve, I swiftly exited the apartment with our Christmas tree, presents and stockings in tow while Thomas was in the shower. Thomas was led to the Jefferson Memorial, despite poorly provided directions, and met me there while the snow began to fall.
While it was hard being away from our families, we realized that all we truly needed was one another. I got down on one knee and proposed on the steps of the Jefferson Memorial. After hearing a big yes, the night was spent at the Willard Hotel where the room was set up with the missing presents, tree, stockings and candles for a very special Christmas. We are excitedly counting down the days until our wedding at the W Chicago – Lakeshore on August 8, 2015!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study
- Carefree bohemian beach wedding in Pensacola, Florida
- Nautical summer beach wedding with Seinfeld theme
- Waterfront brewery elopement at The Piermont in Babylon, New York
- Whimsical, rustic waterfront wedding in San Diego, California