Allison and Kim’s wedding took place outdoors in a Maryland garden. The couple tied the knot in matching white Converse sneakers. White and purple were the colors of the day. Both Kim and Allison wore white gowns and carried purple and white bouquets of flowers. All eight members of their wedding party wore matching lilac colored dresses.
Tables were set with white linens and purple cloth napkins and centerpieces. Guests used purple cocktail napkins at the reception with white Shih Tzu silhouettes on them. Shih Tzus are important to the couple because both Allison and Kim have one and it was because they owned the same dog that Kim worked up the courage to message Allison on Match.com.
Dogs were a symbol of the day. To show their appreciation to their guests for sharing the day with them, a donation was made in the guests’ honor to a senior pet sanctuary, and dog biscuits were available for guests to take home to their pup. Shih Tzus topped the newlyweds’ white iced, floral decorated three-tiered cake, sitting on their own purple mat. Photos of Kim and Allisons’ dogs decorated a table surrounded by “I love my dog” signs.
Photographer: Richard and Tara Photography
Dress Store: Allure Bridal
Location: Antrim 1844 Country House Hotel
Floral Designer: Bella Fiori Couture Floral & Events Design
Paper Props: Jenifer Sirkis Designs
Cake Designer: SugarBakers Cakes
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Elizabeth Warren wants to give same-sex couples $57 million tax refunds
- Why our double proposal is a celebration of LGBTQ+ pride
- How our lives changed when we became gay parents with kids
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California