Allison and Kim’s wedding took place outdoors in a Maryland garden. The couple tied the knot in matching white Converse sneakers. White and purple were the colors of the day. Both Kim and Allison wore white gowns and carried purple and white bouquets of flowers. All eight members of their wedding party wore matching lilac colored dresses.
Tables were set with white linens and purple cloth napkins and centerpieces. Guests used purple cocktail napkins at the reception with white Shih Tzu silhouettes on them. Shih Tzus are important to the couple because both Allison and Kim have one and it was because they owned the same dog that Kim worked up the courage to message Allison on Match.com.
Dogs were a symbol of the day. To show their appreciation to their guests for sharing the day with them, a donation was made in the guests’ honor to a senior pet sanctuary, and dog biscuits were available for guests to take home to their pup. Shih Tzus topped the newlyweds’ white iced, floral decorated three-tiered cake, sitting on their own purple mat. Photos of Kim and Allisons’ dogs decorated a table surrounded by “I love my dog” signs.
Photographer: Richard and Tara Photography
Dress Store: Allure Bridal
Location: Antrim 1844 Country House Hotel
Floral Designer: Bella Fiori Couture Floral & Events Design
Paper Props: Jenifer Sirkis Designs
Cake Designer: SugarBakers Cakes
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Gay dads around globe get less parental leave than lesbian parents and straight couples
- How we chose our wedding party and asked them to share the day with us
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage
- Moody engagement photos at Avalon Park & Preserve
- Planning your wedding music (for your fabulous gay wedding)
- Modern, sophisticated wedding in Washington, D.C.
- Quirky, fun vegan elopement in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Why you should absolutely include your dog in your wedding
- Trump policy affecting citizenship of children born abroad could impact LGBTQ+ families
- Presqu’ile Winery, an LGBTQ+ inclusive Southern California wedding venue