Minnesota wedding on the Mississippi River
Aliya and Taylor’s Minnesota Boat Club wedding will surely be one that I will remember for a very, very long time. Everything about the day was memorable but my two top highlights from the day (aside from the amazing weather) have to be: 1) The beautiful, heartfelt vows the brides wrote…I seriously almost cried…and 2) When Aliya’s veil blew off and almost fell into the Mississippi River!! Luckily, it stuck on the stucco of the bridge and my second shooter was able to grab it when the wind came up again. Talk about DRAMATIC!
What can I say about this remarkable couple that I haven’t already said in their engagement session blog? They are kind, caring, and perfect partners for each other! I constantly caught Taylor brushing Aliya’s hair out of her eyes and both of the brides asking if the other needed anything.
When I arrived at their wedding, both brides were getting ready at Hotel 340 in St. Paul, MN. Both were excited but I could tell there was an underlying layer of nerves. After a quick pep-talk about how amazing this day would be and how the hard work was already done and now it’s time to party, they were all smiles. And after their first look (cue veil launching), they were ready to tie the knot!!
I’m so so so excited for Aliya and Taylor’s future. In less than a month, they’ll be moving across the country and making a new home in the Northeast. I’m 100% confident when I say that Aliya and Taylor’s future looks incredible and I look forward to visiting them when I travel!
From the photograph, Laura Baker
Photographer: Lauren Baker Photography
Ceremony Location: Minnesota Boat Club
Reception Venue: Minnesota Boat Club
Caterer: Mintahoe Catering & Events
Invitation Designer: Minted
Jewelry: Arthur’s Jewelers
Dress Store: Posh bridal couture
Makeup Artist: Beauty By Jacquelyn
Cake Designer: Buttercream Bakery
Floral Designer: Haute Flower Boutique
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights