Rick and Ethan’s black tie wedding is one for the books. A chance meeting turned into a storybook romance culminating in a black tie, modern chic wedding. This wedding may have been formal but the room was bursting with love. Held in an super chic venue with a 50 wall of glass, over looking the Scottsdale Center for the Arts Park, was the perfect setting for this couple. Blue, black and silver made the crisp lines of this wedding even more lovely. A giant wall of blue velvet drape was the perfect back drop for the navy sequence draped head table.
These boys are big fans of the mid-century modern lifestyle. We chose a venue that was crisp and modern. Huge amounts of natural light with a view of the park. The navy, black and silver worked incredibly well with the tile and glass. The logo of the wedding was a bow tie, actually created with turning two martini glasses on their side. Rick and Ethan are two of the most loving men, both with classic style. Walking down the aisle in a classic look of white jacket, black pants and a single red rose on the lapel brought their style to the special moment. Staying with classic style the wedding was black tie, but that wasn’t the most beautiful part of the wedding…it was the amount of love in the room.
Though the room was dressed to the nines, the evidence of how this couple’s love has touched everyone was very apparent. Wanting to add more of them to the ceremony, we switched the normal wine ceremony to a “Rose Kennedy” ceremony, their favorite drink. The contents of the cocktail was left on the table for that part of the ceremony which had many guests worried that someone left their drink there during the pre-ceremony reception. They all drew a sigh of relief when they mixed their Rose Kennedy and shared the drink. Having an August wedding in Phoenix was daunting but nothing stopped the love of, and for, these boys. Everyone was in black tie and the pre-ceremony champagne toast was the hit of the night.
From the wedding planner, David Twigger
Photography: Elizabeth Douglas Photography
Wedding venue: Clayton on the Park
Florist: Table Tops Etc.
Planner: Vermilion Events
DJ: Ray the DJ
Invitations: Posh Invitations
Custom tuxedos: Celebrity Tux & Tails
Catering: Clayton on the Park
Videography: Danielle at Amoroma Productions
Officiant: Rev. Dr. Sara Bonfig
Rentals: Quest Events
Lighting: Karma Event Lighting
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Marriage equality passes in Northern Ireland
- Hong Kong rules against marriage equality
- Let’s get one thing straight: Bisexuals can still marry someone of a different gender
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal