Congratulations! You’ve just said, “yes!” to spending the rest of your life with your partner. Beaming with joy, you might be ready to shout it from the rooftops and tell everyone you’ve ever met. While it can be exciting for the congratulations to begin flooding in, there are few things to keep in mind before posting your engagement all over the internet.
1. Take photos
Just because you take them in the moment does not mean you need to post them right in the moment. Capture the moments, whether they are for Instagram or not. Photos will help you remember, but don’t let them overshadow living in the moment. Take a few to commemorate the proposal, or hire a photographer to capture the moment while you live it.
2. Enjoy the celebration
Whether you have an intimate proposal with just the two of you or you are celebrating with loved ones, do your best to soak in every moment. Don’t focus on wanting to tell everyone, but instead focus on who is there with you celebrating in the moment. Your engagement ring isn’t going anywhere, so posting to Instagram instantly is not required. Otherwise, you’ll be too busy checking messages from well-wishers to focus on the actual humans who are with you.
3. Is this the end of proposing?
Your partner has just proposed to you. For some couples, this is exactly what they want. For others, both partners want to propose. Before you share the news, talk with your partner and decide if you want to share the news after each proposal or after both of you have proposed.
4. Tell your closest people first
You’re excited and you want to tell the world your big news. Before you go and change your relationship status, be sure to tell people who have a personal investment in your relationship such as family members or close friends. They will want to feel like they matter more than that friend of a friend who follows you on Instagram.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Joyous park engagement session in Washington with canine cameos
- State Dept. should allow embassies to advocate for marriage equality, Democrats say
- How to pick the perfect proposal spot
- Bright and joyful wedding at a Los Angeles automobile museum
- Sunny South Carolina elopement surrounded by greenery
- Elegant micro wedding ideas with live music and chic blue cake
- Lance Bass & Michael Turchin can’t stop gushing about their newborn twins
- Oklahoma elopement in the Wichita Mountains with enchanting all-black attire
- Creative LGBTQ+ wedding ideas for your clients
- This couple transformed their home into a fabulous wedding venue
- Botswana court of appeals hears case on decriminalization of homosexuality
- Cozy at home proposal with coffee and kisses
- Cardi B surprise officiated a lesbian wedding with help from Raven Symoné
- Keep an eye out for these 2022 wedding trends
- September garden wedding at a 15th century Italian villa
- Lesbian brides accidentally wore the same dress and the first look photos are priceless
- Glowing sunset wedding in Glacier National Park
- Dreamy greenhouse engagement session in New Jersey
- How to choose a wedding hairstyle
- Backyard South Carolina wedding on the lake