Moody floral fairy tale wedding inspiration with fashion from three eras
This styled shoot features three looks: Very modern, vintage (’50s and ’60s) and contemporary. I was inspired to do this shoot because our model, Eden, is a trans woman who is expanding her modeling career as a way to grow and thrive within her gender identity.
The shoot was held at Park Winters in Winters, California; the owners of the venue are Rafael and John, who were so enthusiastic to support Eden in her expression of trans identity and sexuality.
We chose the variety of gowns to represent three iconic wedding styles, in order to show a variety of bridal beauty styles. Eden’s beautiful hair and makeup looks were done by Christi Reynolds Beauty, tying together each look and aesthetic while highlighting Eden’s natural beauty and love of expression through makeup design. To go with the stunning and elegant Park Winters venue, our gorgeous florals were designed by Shannon Cosgrove-Rivas of Flourish. Shannon was inspired to craft the floral tattoo seen on Eden as a modern version of a bouquet for a stylish bride with a sense of flair.
Our styled sweetheart table was styled by Lauren Bergenholtz of Creative Coverings, featuring rentals from Creative Coverings and Celebrations Party Rentals with calligraphy and place cards by Pineapple + Paper. This styled shoot was the culmination of Sacramento wedding creatives coming together to celebrate LGBTQ+ identity.
Photography: Kai Skye Photography
Model: Eden Rivas
Venue: Park Winters
Table Design: Lauren Bergenholtz of Creative Coverings
Florals: Flourish, Shannon Cosgrove-Rivas
Hair and Makeup: Christi Reynolds Beauty
Paper Goods and Calligraphy: Pineapple + Paper
Linens: Creative Coverings
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration