Moody floral fairy tale wedding inspiration with fashion from three eras
This styled shoot features three looks: Very modern, vintage (’50s and ’60s) and contemporary. I was inspired to do this shoot because our model, Eden, is a trans woman who is expanding her modeling career as a way to grow and thrive within her gender identity.
The shoot was held at Park Winters in Winters, California; the owners of the venue are Rafael and John, who were so enthusiastic to support Eden in her expression of trans identity and sexuality.
We chose the variety of gowns to represent three iconic wedding styles, in order to show a variety of bridal beauty styles. Eden’s beautiful hair and makeup looks were done by Christi Reynolds Beauty, tying together each look and aesthetic while highlighting Eden’s natural beauty and love of expression through makeup design. To go with the stunning and elegant Park Winters venue, our gorgeous florals were designed by Shannon Cosgrove-Rivas of Flourish. Shannon was inspired to craft the floral tattoo seen on Eden as a modern version of a bouquet for a stylish bride with a sense of flair.
Our styled sweetheart table was styled by Lauren Bergenholtz of Creative Coverings, featuring rentals from Creative Coverings and Celebrations Party Rentals with calligraphy and place cards by Pineapple + Paper. This styled shoot was the culmination of Sacramento wedding creatives coming together to celebrate LGBTQ+ identity.
Photography: Kai Skye Photography
Model: Eden Rivas
Venue: Park Winters
Table Design: Lauren Bergenholtz of Creative Coverings
Florals: Flourish, Shannon Cosgrove-Rivas
Hair and Makeup: Christi Reynolds Beauty
Paper Goods and Calligraphy: Pineapple + Paper
Linens: Creative Coverings
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
- Elegant and rustic Malibou Lake Lodge wedding
- Pridelux, a luxury LGBTQ+ wedding show, opens in London
- Sunrise engagement photos in Brooklyn, New York
- Hundreds of Alabama Methodists sign letter of apology to LGBTQ+ community
- Peach florals warm this industrial distillery wedding inspiration
- 9 wedding first looks we love
- Why I’m taking my wife’s last name when we get married
- Modern green spring Midwest wedding
- Elegant engagement photos at the Biltmore Mansion