On mother’s day, Samira Wiley and Lauren Morelli announce the birth of their first child
Actress Samira Wiley, known for her starring roles in Orange is the New Black and The Handmaid’s Tale, announced on Instagram yesterday that she and her wife, screenwriter Lauren Morelli, welcomed their baby daughter, George, into the world on April 11.
“Happy 1st Mother’s Day to my beautiful wife,” Wiley wrote beside an adorable picture of the newborn, “who four weeks ago today after laboring for almost 3 days gave birth to our first child—our gorgeous daughter, George.💜”
“Welcome to the world, babygirl. We love you and we thank you for giving us the best 1st Mother’s Day two ladies could ask for.”
View this post on Instagram
In an Instagram post featuring the same photo, Morelli wrote that George has “changed everything” and that the couple is “so happy, so grateful, and so tired.”
Wiley and Morelli met on the set of Orange is the New Black, where Morelli was a writer. They were married four years ago in a confetti-themed wedding.
Fans, friends and news outlets galore have rejoiced at the announcement of baby George.
Congratulations to the new family of three!
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- This Great Gatsby wedding in Walnut Grove, California, featured a casino speakeasy reception
- The queer Christmas story you’ve been waiting for
- Our lesbian love story: St. Pete Beach engagement with a proposal photographer
- Black and yellow poolside wedding in Palm Springs, California
- Home for the holidays anniversary photo shoot