On mother’s day, Samira Wiley and Lauren Morelli announce the birth of their first child
Actress Samira Wiley, known for her starring roles in Orange is the New Black and The Handmaid’s Tale, announced on Instagram yesterday that she and her wife, screenwriter Lauren Morelli, welcomed their baby daughter, George, into the world on April 11.
“Happy 1st Mother’s Day to my beautiful wife,” Wiley wrote beside an adorable picture of the newborn, “who four weeks ago today after laboring for almost 3 days gave birth to our first child—our gorgeous daughter, George.💜”
“Welcome to the world, babygirl. We love you and we thank you for giving us the best 1st Mother’s Day two ladies could ask for.”
View this post on Instagram
In an Instagram post featuring the same photo, Morelli wrote that George has “changed everything” and that the couple is “so happy, so grateful, and so tired.”
Wiley and Morelli met on the set of Orange is the New Black, where Morelli was a writer. They were married four years ago in a confetti-themed wedding.
Fans, friends and news outlets galore have rejoiced at the announcement of baby George.
Congratulations to the new family of three!
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot