On mother’s day, Samira Wiley and Lauren Morelli announce the birth of their first child
Actress Samira Wiley, known for her starring roles in Orange is the New Black and The Handmaid’s Tale, announced on Instagram yesterday that she and her wife, screenwriter Lauren Morelli, welcomed their baby daughter, George, into the world on April 11.
“Happy 1st Mother’s Day to my beautiful wife,” Wiley wrote beside an adorable picture of the newborn, “who four weeks ago today after laboring for almost 3 days gave birth to our first child—our gorgeous daughter, George.💜”
“Welcome to the world, babygirl. We love you and we thank you for giving us the best 1st Mother’s Day two ladies could ask for.”
View this post on Instagram
In an Instagram post featuring the same photo, Morelli wrote that George has “changed everything” and that the couple is “so happy, so grateful, and so tired.”
Wiley and Morelli met on the set of Orange is the New Black, where Morelli was a writer. They were married four years ago in a confetti-themed wedding.
Fans, friends and news outlets galore have rejoiced at the announcement of baby George.
Congratulations to the new family of three!
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights