On mother’s day, Samira Wiley and Lauren Morelli announce the birth of their first child
Actress Samira Wiley, known for her starring roles in Orange is the New Black and The Handmaid’s Tale, announced on Instagram yesterday that she and her wife, screenwriter Lauren Morelli, welcomed their baby daughter, George, into the world on April 11.
“Happy 1st Mother’s Day to my beautiful wife,” Wiley wrote beside an adorable picture of the newborn, “who four weeks ago today after laboring for almost 3 days gave birth to our first child—our gorgeous daughter, George.💜”
“Welcome to the world, babygirl. We love you and we thank you for giving us the best 1st Mother’s Day two ladies could ask for.”
View this post on Instagram
In an Instagram post featuring the same photo, Morelli wrote that George has “changed everything” and that the couple is “so happy, so grateful, and so tired.”
Wiley and Morelli met on the set of Orange is the New Black, where Morelli was a writer. They were married four years ago in a confetti-themed wedding.
Fans, friends and news outlets galore have rejoiced at the announcement of baby George.
Congratulations to the new family of three!
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples