Heidi and Kelly wanted something simple and laid back for their engagement session. Plus, their wedding was planned to be in a rustic barn venue, so they were also hoping to have the same type of elements for this session. I decided to take them hiking (which definitely fits their athletic and adventurous personalities) around Norskedalen Nature & Heritage Center in Coon Valley, Wisconsin. It provided plenty of natural backgrounds and even a few rustic buildings to boot!
From the photographer, Jennifer Cassellius
Photographer: Pink Spruce Photography
Location: Norskedalen Nature and Heritage Center
Contributors to Equally Wed are smart, savvy and oh-so-lovely people who believe in marriage for everyone, including the LGBTQ+ community. We love weddings! Interested in submitting to Equally Wed, the leading LGBTQ+ wedding magazine? Head here: https://equallywed.com/submissions
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding
- Best LGBTQ+ bach weekend activity ideas
- A chic Brooklyn, New York, wedding for spiritual brides with a Pride-inspired reception photoshoot