Heidi and Kelly wanted something simple and laid back for their engagement session. Plus, their wedding was planned to be in a rustic barn venue, so they were also hoping to have the same type of elements for this session. I decided to take them hiking (which definitely fits their athletic and adventurous personalities) around Norskedalen Nature & Heritage Center in Coon Valley, Wisconsin. It provided plenty of natural backgrounds and even a few rustic buildings to boot!
From the photographer, Jennifer Cassellius
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Rustic chic farmhouse wedding by the beach
- Travel-themed wedding ideas + a glam black wedding cake
- Pittsburgh engagement session after a grocery store meet cute
- Creating the wedding budget—tips from our book: Equally Wed: The Ultimate Guide to Planning Your LGBTQ+ Wedding
- Breathtaking Iceland elopement