Red and orange Vermont wedding with symbolic coins
Vermont wedding with symbolic coins
Katy and Lisa got married by Lake Champlain. The afternoon sun shone and reflected off the water as the couple exchanged vows. Dressed in casual wedding dresses that blew in the wind, Lisa and Katy held bouquets of deep red and orange. The nuptials were celebrated with a toast.
From the photographer, Cat Cutillo: Lisa and Katy’s elopement at Basin Harbor Club in Vergennes, Vermont, had a serendipitous force attached to it. Lisa’s grandmother had recently passed away and Lisa said she kept finding handfuls of dimes since her grandmother’s passing. When we walked up to the ceremony site, which was overlooking Lake Champlain on an evening with incredible light, Lisa and Katy looked down and saw several dimes in the exact location they stood to marry. Lisa said she knew it was her grandmother’s way of being part of the most special day of her life.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- ABC’s ‘Bachelor’ TV franchise makes history with first same-sex engagement
- Monochromatic countryside double wedding inspiration
- Lesbian couple denied by California winery wedding venue receives apology after performer Nikki Levy intervenes
- 12 creative and unique alternative wedding cakes for your celebration
- 22 couples with tattoos who prove ink is the best wedding look
- Lesbian pioneers in fight for marriage equality now in bitter divorce battle challenging definition of marriage
- Double engagement inspiration in the Arizona Cactus Garden
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- Gay dads around globe get less parental leave than lesbian parents and straight couples
- How we chose our wedding party and asked them to share the day with us