Rustic chic farmhouse wedding by the beach
Aly and Alina got married at an “upscale barn” called The Delameter House in New Smyrna Beach, Florida.
This rustic chic wedding took place in November, during which each bride walked down the aisle with her dad. They danced their first dance to Ingrid Michaelson’s Can’t Help Falling In Love and celebrated their first moments married while guests blew bubbles and cheered.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
There’s no “right way” to throw a wedding. Include what you want to include and exclude what you don’t. It’s YOUR day, enjoy every second. And splurge for a good photographer — these moments can’t be duplicated!
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Dealing with rejection from the priest at our church. We thought he was an LGBTQ+ ally and when we went to ask him to officiate, he said no! He told us marriage is between and man and woman. Needless to say, we don’t go to that church anymore.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
My aunt, who is a very devout Catholic and always said she couldn’t support me if I married a woman, ended up not only coming to the wedding, but her entire thinking has changed and she is now accepting and one of our biggest allies.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Ashley Jane Photography
Venue: The Delameter House
Florist: Flowers at the House”
Planner: Kayla Dixon – NSB Wedding Co
Attire for Partner 1: Maggie Sottero
Attire for Partner 2: Hayley Paige
Jewelry: Nick Changet Jewelers
Videographer: Elmwood Forest Productions
Officiant: Jillian Thompson, Perfecting The Plan
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL