Rustic mountain wedding at the Art Nord Trailhead
Jerome and Drew wanted their wedding day to be somewhat casual and masculine. They love the rustic and outdoor feel but on an elevated level, so Art Nord Trailhead in Huntsville, Utah, was the perfect location for their mountain wedding.
Do you have a proposal story? Who proposed (or did you both)?
We were on a camping trip and Jerome and his cousin’s wife Channing had to go into town to pick up a few things. While they were in town, Drew and Jerome’s cousins (Kaylea and Jake) went to the base of the mountain we were camping in. Before we went camping, Drew made 13 posters of reasons why he loved Jerome, and little memories they shared together. Drew and Jerome’s cousins put a sign at the base of the mountain that said, “Thank you for going on a second date even though I fell asleep on our first one.”
Drew and the cousins placed the posters on trees leading Jerome and Channing back to the campground. The last couple of signs said things like, “Above all, I’m most excited about our future,” “Thanks for being my best friend, my home, my everything.” As Jerome and Channing pulled up they came to Drew, he had a path of rose petals, champagne, flowers and their dogs. Drew was holding a sign that said, “I doubt you’re as nervous as I am right now.” Drew got on one knee and asked Jerome to be his forever.
Photographer: Kyle Loves Tori Photography
Ceremony Venue: Art Nord Trailhead
Reception Venue: Private Residence
Cake Designer: Sugarland Cakes
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- How I found the perfect wedding dress as a plus-size queer woman
- Chic bohemian beach Lucha Libre themed wedding
- How do you know when you’re ready to propose? We asked a real couple
- Intimate spring wedding at Butler Park in Austin, Texas
- Gay parents forced to leave Russia due to ‘gay propaganda law’
- Mrs. and Mrs. items that make great LGBTQ+ wedding gifts
- Fun engagement photos at Three Lives & Co. bookstore
- Burgundy and blue spring wedding in San Francisco, California
- Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
- Elegant and rustic Malibou Lake Lodge wedding