San Francisco City Hall Elopement Wedding | Kayln + Joy [VIDEO]
Kayln and Joy are Colorado dwellers who spent more than a year planning their wedding. But then something made them change their minds, and they eloped to California instead. We’re swooning over their wedding in San Francisco!
This is a sweet note Kayln shared about their engagement with their wedding cinematographers. The Adventures of: “Joy and I are both photographers and love exploring abandoned buildings so she took me on a date to her favorite spot. The sun was starting to set and out of nowhere; it started pouring rain. We just stood there laughing, and Joy got down on one knee and proposed. She hadn’t planned on proposing that day but she said the moment was too perfect to let it pass.”
Kayln + Joy’s City Hall Wedding Video
Kirsten Ott Palladino is an award-winning editor and writer, as well as the author of the wedding planning book for LGBTQ couples, EQUALLY WED (Seal Press/Hachette Book Group, May 2017). She’s the co-founder and editorial director of Equally Wed, the world’s leading digital LGBTQ wedding magazine, as well as Equally Wed Pro, the LGBTQ+ inclusive certification course and educational platform. Palladino has been profiled on CNN and Forbes and in The New York Times. Her work has appeared in Entrepreneur magazine, ARTNews magazine, Art & Antiques magazine, The Knot, Executive Traveler magazine, the Huffington Post, and more. She was recognized as one of Glamour magazine's Hometown Heroes for 2015. Palladino has an open door communications policy on Twitter at @kirstenop and Facebook at fb.com/kirstenpalladino.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
Listen to Kirsten & Maria, Equally Wed founders, on the The Wedding Biz podcast.
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
- Moody fall photos turned surprise proposal in San Antonio, Texas
- This couples’ portrait session turned into the sweetest surprise proposal
- What our editors are reading & loving on October 9, 2019
- This transgender love story just won the audience choice award at CIFF
- Garden engagement photos at the Franklin Park Conservatory
- These fall elopement photos in a cemetery are giving us Halloween vibes
- Intimate spring wedding at historic bathhouse in Detroit, Michigan
- Rustic countryside spring wedding at California nature preserve
- Federal judge rules Michigan religious adoption agency can refuse LGBTQ+ applicants