San Francisco City Hall Elopement Wedding | Kayln + Joy [VIDEO]
Kayln and Joy are Colorado dwellers who spent more than a year planning their wedding. But then something made them change their minds, and they eloped to California instead. We’re swooning over their wedding in San Francisco!
This is a sweet note Kayln shared about their engagement with their wedding cinematographers. The Adventures of: “Joy and I are both photographers and love exploring abandoned buildings so she took me on a date to her favorite spot. The sun was starting to set and out of nowhere; it started pouring rain. We just stood there laughing, and Joy got down on one knee and proposed. She hadn’t planned on proposing that day but she said the moment was too perfect to let it pass.”
Kayln + Joy’s City Hall Wedding Video
Kirsten Ott Palladino
Kirsten Ott Palladino is an award-winning editor and writer, as well as the author of the wedding planning book for LGBTQ couples, EQUALLY WED (Seal Press/Hachette Book Group, May 2017). She’s the co-founder and editorial director of equallywed.com, the world’s leading digital LGBTQ wedding magazine. She blogs about trauma recovery at foragedwellness.com. Palladino has been profiled on CNN and in The New York Times. Her work has appeared in Entrepreneur magazine, ARTNews magazine, Art & Antiques magazine, The Knot, Executive Traveler magazine, the Huffington Post, and more. She was recognized as one of Glamour magazine's Hometown Heroes for 2015. Palladino has an open door communications policy on Twitter at @kirstenop and Facebook at fb.com/kirstenpalladino.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
Listen to Kirsten & Maria, Equally Wed founders, on the The Wedding Biz podcast.
- How I found the perfect wedding dress as a plus-size queer woman
- Chic bohemian beach Lucha Libre themed wedding
- How do you know when you’re ready to propose? We asked a real couple
- Intimate spring wedding at Butler Park in Austin, Texas
- Gay parents forced to leave Russia due to ‘gay propaganda law’
- Mrs. and Mrs. items that make great LGBTQ+ wedding gifts
- Fun engagement photos at Three Lives & Co. bookstore
- Burgundy and blue spring wedding in San Francisco, California
- Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
- Elegant and rustic Malibou Lake Lodge wedding