San Francisco City Hall Elopement Wedding | Kayln + Joy [VIDEO]
Kayln and Joy are Colorado dwellers who spent more than a year planning their wedding. But then something made them change their minds, and they eloped to California instead. We’re swooning over their wedding in San Francisco!
This is a sweet note Kayln shared about their engagement with their wedding cinematographers. The Adventures of: “Joy and I are both photographers and love exploring abandoned buildings so she took me on a date to her favorite spot. The sun was starting to set and out of nowhere; it started pouring rain. We just stood there laughing, and Joy got down on one knee and proposed. She hadn’t planned on proposing that day but she said the moment was too perfect to let it pass.”
Kayln + Joy’s City Hall Wedding Video
Kirsten Ott Palladino is an award-winning editor and writer, as well as the author of the wedding planning book for LGBTQ couples, EQUALLY WED (Seal Press/Hachette Book Group, May 2017). She’s the co-founder and editorial director of Equally Wed, the world’s leading digital LGBTQ wedding magazine, as well as Equally Wed Pro, the LGBTQ+ inclusive certification course and educational platform. Palladino has been profiled on CNN and Forbes and in The New York Times. Her work has appeared in Entrepreneur magazine, ARTNews magazine, Art & Antiques magazine, The Knot, Executive Traveler magazine, the Huffington Post, and more. She was recognized as one of Glamour magazine's Hometown Heroes for 2015. Palladino has an open door communications policy on Twitter at @kirstenop and Facebook at fb.com/kirstenpalladino.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
Listen to Kirsten & Maria, Equally Wed founders, on the The Wedding Biz podcast.
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Pantone reveals classic blue as its 2020 Color of the Year
- The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it
- Tropical blue and green beach wedding in St. Petersburg, Florida
- 6 real weddings that will get you in a cozy mood for the holidays
- How we organized our wedding party from across the country
- How my family lives a minimalist lifestyle so we can travel