“They say when you least expect it, that’s when it will happen. That couldn’t be more true for me. At a time in my life when I had almost given up on love, I met Kayla.”
So begins the story of Georgia couple Courtney and Kayla, who got engaged at their favorite restaurant two days before Christmas. Kayla proposed at a dinner surrounded by family, with a dessert that spelled out “Will You Marry Me?”
“I turned around and Kayla was on one knee with the most beautiful ring I have ever seen! I was completely in shock and couldn’t say ‘YES!’ fast enough!”
The couple’s engagement photos were taken at a local farm called Prospect Farms.
“She is without a doubt my better half and the absolute love of my life,” says Courtney. “Never settle, take a leap of faith, and never, ever give up on true love. Your happily ever after could be just around the corner.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Michelle Lacson Photography
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights