Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
This queer, nonbinary wedding included a broom’s cake, a classical guitarist, shark socks and a fabulous pocket square topped with flowers.
Instagram now allows users to add pronouns to their bios. Here’s why that matters.
“Sharing pronouns has been widely adopted by our community, and with this feature we hope to normalize the adoption further.”
9 trans and nonbinary wedding pros you need to know
These nine trans and nonbinary wedding professionals are already doing safe, inclusive and beautiful work for transgender couples, as well as for the entire LGBTQ+ community.
Charming Michigan wedding with pronoun pins and a food truck
Gabby and Moe’s gorgeous summer wedding in Northern Michigan had a vintage vibe and celebrated inclusivity.
Intimate, rustic summer garden wedding at Josias River Farm
Bec and Sam were married in the garden and held cocktails under the apple trees while the sounds of bluegrass drifted through the air.
American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
So-called ‘proper grammar’ can no longer be used to justify transphobia.
22 couples with tattoos who prove ink is the best wedding look
In love with wedding ink? Tattoos at weddings are increasingly becoming popular, whether it’s a full sleeve or one single visible tattoo. Do you or your partner have any tattoos? If you’ve been dying to get inked before the wedding, here are 22 couples that may just inspire you to book an appointment!
Vice launched a gender-inclusive free stock photo library
Vice Media recently launched The Gender Spectrum, a gender-inclusive free stock photo library featuring trans and nonbinary models.
6 places you can get tomboy and genderqueer wedding attire
If you’re looking for some incredibly tomboy attire for your wedding, we’ve got 6 great places that sell dapper genderqueer suits and more.
You can now get a nonbinary X marker on your ID in Indiana
Indiana has become the latest state to allow transgender and nonbinary residents to apply for an “X” marker on their state-issued IDs.
You’ll soon be able to use nonbinary couple emojis on your phone
Among the new set of emojis that will be rolled out this October are gender-neutral options for couples. Previously, emojis with couples were identified by their gender. The new emojis are listed as “people holding hands” and will be a part of the family category along with 230 other new emojis.
I never came out to my grandmother, and then her funeral came
I often wondered what she would have done if she’d known I am trans. I frequently think about how much more time I might have had with her if being transgender was more normalized.
15 amazing New Year’s resolutions for LGBTQ+ people for 2019
Queer folks, we need our own resolutions. We need to live in 2019 in a way that speaks to us, that allows us to practice radical self-love in the face of oppression and a very binary, heteronormative society. Here are New Year’s resolutions I’m proposing for LGBTQ+ people so we can make next year our gayest year ever.
My New Year’s resolution is to live for the queer, disabled teen I used to be
That’s why this year, my New Year’s resolution is to live—to thrive, to celebrate—for the queer, disabled teen I once was.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli