Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
Although LGBTQ people may get married in every state, there are more than 4 million LGBTQ people who can be fired for being who they because they live in the 28 states where there are no laws banning LGBTQ discrimination.
Supreme Court rejected the Hawaii B&B that denied a lesbian couple
The Supreme Court recently rejected an appeal from Aloha Bed & Breakfast in Hawaii after the owner turned away a lesbian couple in 2007.
The Supreme Court has allowed Trump’s transgender military ban
The Supreme Court revived the Trump administration’s ban that bars most transgender people from serving in the military.
India decriminalizes gay sex in a landmark court ruling
After over 150 years of anti-LGBT legislation, India’s Supreme Court has finally ruled to decriminalize consensual gay sex. This was a unanimous decision and is a major victory for India’s LGBT activists after years of long legal battles fighting for change.
Equality versus discrimination: Supreme Court decides who takes the cake in Masterpiece Cakeshop case
Supreme Court rules on Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, the case surrounding a bakery that denied a gay couple wedding cake.
Marriage equality pioneer Edith Windsor dead at 88
Marriage equality pioneer Edith Windsor dead at 88. Windsor played a pivotal part in overturning the Defense of Marriage Act.
Kentucky same-sex couple speaks out against marriage license denial
A Kentucky gay couple spoke to Yahoo Global News Anchor Katie Couric exclusively Tuesday after being denied a marriage license for the fifth time.
Michigan Woman Raises Funds for Marriage Equality Case in Response to Indiana’s Homophobic Pizzeria
April DeBoer and Jayne Rowse are a loving lesbian couple from Michigan who have been in a committed relationship for more than 10 years.
Georgia Faith Leaders, Mayors and More Sign Briefs in Support of Marriage to U.S. Supreme Court
Today, Georgia businesses, faith leaders, mayors, police chiefs, sheriffs and others were included as signatories in friend-of-the court briefs filed with the U.S. Supreme Court…
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- What we love about the Renault Clio car ad celebrating a 30-year lesbian romance
- Ellen DeGeneres surprised lesbian couple whose family won’t attend wedding
- Romantic, industrial fall wedding with Indian cultural touches
- Chick-fil-A will stop donating to (some) anti-LGBTQ+ organizations
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
- Roxane Gay and Debbie Millman are officially engaged
- This mom’s wedding speech will make you cry in the best way