In victory for LGBTQ+ people, Supreme Court won’t hear case involving anti-LGBTQ florist
“60 percent of states still don’t have express protections for LGBTQ people like the kind in Washington State. Our work isn’t over yet.”
Supreme Court rules Philadelphia must work with adoption agency that discriminates against LGBTQ+ people
While the decision was certainly a setback for LGBTQ+ rights, it also wasn’t the great loss it could have been.
Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
Although LGBTQ people may get married in every state, there are more than 4 million LGBTQ people who can be fired for being who they because they live in the 28 states where there are no laws banning LGBTQ discrimination.
Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas suggests that the marriage equality ruling, Obergefell v. Hodges, should be overturned.
Hindu trans women can now legally be recognized as ‘brides’ in marriage
The Madras High Court ordered that a trans woman should be recognized as a ‘bride’ in marriage, in a landmark ruling for the Hindu Marriage Act.
Supreme Court rejected the Hawaii B&B that denied a lesbian couple
The Supreme Court recently rejected an appeal from Aloha Bed & Breakfast in Hawaii after the owner turned away a lesbian couple in 2007.
The Supreme Court has allowed Trump’s transgender military ban
The Supreme Court revived the Trump administration’s ban that bars most transgender people from serving in the military.
India decriminalizes gay sex in a landmark court ruling
After over 150 years of anti-LGBT legislation, India’s Supreme Court has finally ruled to decriminalize consensual gay sex. This was a unanimous decision and is a major victory for India’s LGBT activists after years of long legal battles fighting for change.
Equality versus discrimination: Supreme Court decides who takes the cake in Masterpiece Cakeshop case
Supreme Court rules on Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, the case surrounding a bakery that denied a gay couple wedding cake.
Marriage equality pioneer Edith Windsor dead at 88
Marriage equality pioneer Edith Windsor dead at 88. Windsor played a pivotal part in overturning the Defense of Marriage Act.
North Carolina files bill to make same-sex marriage illegal again
Three Republican Representatives from North Carolina have filed a bill to make same-sex marriage illegal in North Carolina.
Kentucky same-sex couple speaks out against marriage license denial
A Kentucky gay couple spoke to Yahoo Global News Anchor Katie Couric exclusively Tuesday after being denied a marriage license for the fifth time.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Inclusive Wedding Fair debuts in Fayetteville, Tennessee
- Sunny outdoor Canadian wedding with haystack photos and geometric arch
- Cottagecore wedding ideas with poetry, tarot cards, and pagan altar
- Sunny Sedona elopement with picnic and guitar
- 5 wedding headpiece trends you’ll see in 2022
- Grand Las Vegas proposal with candles, rose petals, and light boxes
- Drag queen wedding inspiration with flowing floral gown and cotton candy wall
- Israel legalizes surrogacy for LGBTQ+ couples
- LGBTQ+ wedding titles: bride, groom, marrier and more!
- Fairytale outdoor wedding in New Jersey with whimsical decor and endless greenery
- Black and gold Hollywood wedding at The Ebell of Los Angeles
- Basketball-themed golden hour engagement session in Calgary