These women planned surprise proposals for each other on the same day
We had talked about marriage and browsed engagement rings briefly in the past, but nothing too serious. It was a long weekend when we went away just the two of us to a little cabin on the lake in Concession, Nova Scotia.
When I woke up in the morning, I was shocked to find a chocolate box on the table that looked just like the one from Matilda, my absolute favorite movie! The ring was inside the box, next to little chocolates that she handmade herself. I immediately said, “Yes.” What she didn’t know is that I was also secretly planning on proposing to her that day.
In the evening, I assembled a campfire for her complete with strung lights, wine, cheese and of course, s’mores! As she was coming outside of the cabin, I handed her a large wrapped gift and she sat down and opened it. It was a handmade wooden frame with our favorite quote, followed by the words, “Marry Me?” She cried and of course said yes as I pulled out a box with her ring inside. To both of our surprise, we realized that we had picked out the same ring for each other! It was the most magical day. —from Rebecca and Danielle
Photographer: Terri-Lynn Warren Photography
Location: Peggys Cove, Nova Scotia
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH