These women planned surprise proposals for each other on the same day
We had talked about marriage and browsed engagement rings briefly in the past, but nothing too serious. It was a long weekend when we went away just the two of us to a little cabin on the lake in Concession, Nova Scotia.
When I woke up in the morning, I was shocked to find a chocolate box on the table that looked just like the one from Matilda, my absolute favorite movie! The ring was inside the box, next to little chocolates that she handmade herself. I immediately said, “Yes.” What she didn’t know is that I was also secretly planning on proposing to her that day.
In the evening, I assembled a campfire for her complete with strung lights, wine, cheese and of course, s’mores! As she was coming outside of the cabin, I handed her a large wrapped gift and she sat down and opened it. It was a handmade wooden frame with our favorite quote, followed by the words, “Marry Me?” She cried and of course said yes as I pulled out a box with her ring inside. To both of our surprise, we realized that we had picked out the same ring for each other! It was the most magical day. —from Rebecca and Danielle
SEARCH FOR EQUALITY-MINDED WEDDING VENDORS
Photographer: Terri-Lynn Warren Photography
Location: Peggys Cove, Nova Scotia
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding