Ellen DeGeneres surprised lesbian couple whose family won’t attend wedding
Ellen DeGeneres surprised Kate Austin and Sarah Sulsenti on her show after their tweet inviting her to their wedding went viral.
Romantic beach engagement photos on the Oregon Coast
Liz and Lacy won a free photo session, and used it to take some romantic beach engagement photos on the Oregon Coast in the winter.
I didn’t think Valentine’s Day was for queer couples—now I love celebrating it
The first year my now-fiancée, Macey, and I celebrated Valentine’s Day, we did it because I pitched a story on it: We’d never actually honored…
South Carolina foster group is allowed to deny same-sex adoptions
The federal government ruled that South Carolina foster agencies are allowed to continue denying services to same-sex couples and non-Christian families.
These women planned surprise proposals for each other on the same day
We had talked about marriage and browsed engagement rings briefly in the past, but nothing too serious. It was a long weekend when we went away just the two of us to a little cabin on the lake in Concession, Nova Scotia.
Grooms-to-be might make a gay Barbie doll wedding set a reality
An engaged couple based in Scottsdale, Arizona, say they plan to meet with toy company Mattel in the hopes of convincing the company to include same-sex couples among their selection of Barbie dolls
J.K. Rowling loved this lesbian couple’s Harry Potter proposal
Heather Pearson, a Slytherin from Portland, Oregon, spent over a year planning an elaborate Harry Potter-themed wizard scavenger hunt to propose to her girlfriend of three years, Kelsey Stacy. Heather asked Stacy to help plan a Hogwarts-themed party and invited her on a city-wide scavenger hunt on Halloween.
Same-sex penguins celebrate World Penguin Day with surrogate foster chick
It’s World Penguin Day and if that wasn’t already sweet enough, there are two same-sex penguins celebrating the day with their surrogate foster chick.
Iowa Same-Sex Couple Marries After 72 Years Together
After 72 years together, Vivian Boyack and Alice “Nonie” Dubes finally got to exchange wedding vows at First Christian Church, Davenport, Iowa.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights