Alexis and Maria met in grad school in 2011 while they were both studying to be physical therapists. They were best friends for three years before they developed feelings for each other. They started dating (unofficially) in June 2014 but made it official in December that year.
Alexis proposed to Maria last June as a complete surprise and Maria proposed back in August, right after each other’s birthdays! They picked thematically similar rings for each other.
Alexis’s favorite winter holiday tradition every year is to go and see the Rockefeller Christmas tree and Macy’s decorated store windows, and she shares this tradition with Maria now. It was only fitting to take their engagement photos in the heart of the New York City at two of the busiest locations—Grand Central Station and Times Square.
Photographer: Green Valley Photography
Location: Grand Central Station
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank
- Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news
- A ‘Straight Pride’ parade is planned and people are very upset
- The creators of the same-sex Barbie wedding set just got married
- You can win the Midwestern Pride wedding of your dreams—here’s how