Alexis and Maria met in grad school in 2011 while they were both studying to be physical therapists. They were best friends for three years before they developed feelings for each other. They started dating (unofficially) in June 2014 but made it official in December that year.
Alexis proposed to Maria last June as a complete surprise and Maria proposed back in August, right after each other’s birthdays! They picked thematically similar rings for each other.
Alexis’s favorite winter holiday tradition every year is to go and see the Rockefeller Christmas tree and Macy’s decorated store windows, and she shares this tradition with Maria now. It was only fitting to take their engagement photos in the heart of the New York City at two of the busiest locations—Grand Central Station and Times Square.
Photographer: Green Valley Photography
Location: Grand Central Station
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Torie + Alyssa: An intimate, bohemian and rustic wedding
- Uly + Ernesto: a monochrome winter engagement session at California sand dunes
- The Equally Wed LGBTQ+ wedding anniversary gift list
- Cozy in-cabin engagement photos in Manitoba, Canada
- Modern winter resort engagement photos in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Rainbow, flowers and sequins rooftop wedding in Washington, D.C.
- Colorful, whimsical wedding inspiration in Atlanta, Georgia
- Coronavirus wedding planning: advice on postponing and canceling
- Romantic winter beach wedding in Barcelona, Spain
- Intimate dinner party wedding with butterfly release ceremony