Alexis and Maria met in grad school in 2011 while they were both studying to be physical therapists. They were best friends for three years before they developed feelings for each other. They started dating (unofficially) in June 2014 but made it official in December that year.
Alexis proposed to Maria last June as a complete surprise and Maria proposed back in August, right after each other’s birthdays! They picked thematically similar rings for each other.
Alexis’s favorite winter holiday tradition every year is to go and see the Rockefeller Christmas tree and Macy’s decorated store windows, and she shares this tradition with Maria now. It was only fitting to take their engagement photos in the heart of the New York City at two of the busiest locations—Grand Central Station and Times Square.
Photographer: Green Valley Photography
Location: Grand Central Station
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Rustic winery wedding in Columbus, Ohio
- Grooms-to-be might make a gay Barbie doll wedding set a reality
- This nonbinary wedding planner is breaking boundaries in the industry
- Historic mill wedding in Clifton, Texas
- 5 ornaments to buy your partner if you got engaged in 2018
- 6 places gender nonconforming people can get awesome wedding suits
- Pros and cons of displaying an LGBTQ+ inclusivity symbol
- Southern traditional chapel wedding
- Casual outdoor wedding at the Garden Club of Georgia
- 7 cool curled hairstyles