Alexis and Maria met in grad school in 2011 while they were both studying to be physical therapists. They were best friends for three years before they developed feelings for each other. They started dating (unofficially) in June 2014 but made it official in December that year.
Alexis proposed to Maria last June as a complete surprise and Maria proposed back in August, right after each other’s birthdays! They picked thematically similar rings for each other.
Alexis’s favorite winter holiday tradition every year is to go and see the Rockefeller Christmas tree and Macy’s decorated store windows, and she shares this tradition with Maria now. It was only fitting to take their engagement photos in the heart of the New York City at two of the busiest locations—Grand Central Station and Times Square.
Photographer: Green Valley Photography
Location: Grand Central Station
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
- Moody fall photos turned surprise proposal in San Antonio, Texas
- This couples’ portrait session turned into the sweetest surprise proposal
- What our editors are reading & loving on October 9, 2019
- This transgender love story just won the audience choice award at CIFF