Alexis and Maria met in grad school in 2011 while they were both studying to be physical therapists. They were best friends for three years before they developed feelings for each other. They started dating (unofficially) in June 2014 but made it official in December that year.
Alexis proposed to Maria last June as a complete surprise and Maria proposed back in August, right after each other’s birthdays! They picked thematically similar rings for each other.
Alexis’s favorite winter holiday tradition every year is to go and see the Rockefeller Christmas tree and Macy’s decorated store windows, and she shares this tradition with Maria now. It was only fitting to take their engagement photos in the heart of the New York City at two of the busiest locations—Grand Central Station and Times Square.
Photographer: Green Valley Photography
Location: Grand Central Station
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- 8 wedding leather jacket looks that are the perfect level of drama
- 5 effortless ways to bring sophistication to your LGBTQ+ wedding decor
- 10 LGBTQ+ wedding details that will make your heart explode!
- Adventure engagement photos in the mountains
- Fairy themed trans wedding in wine country
- Stunning waterfront photos to celebrate IVF and starting a family
- ABA issues formal opinion that judges can’t refuse same-sex marriages
- I didn’t think Valentine’s Day was for queer couples—now I love celebrating it
- Feminine edgy pink and black wedding inspiration
- Southwestern garden wedding inspiration