Vibrant, colorful blue and fuschia Australia wedding
Lisa and Lee had a vibrant, colorful wedding with a blue and fuschia theme and lots of bright blue, purple and pink shades. They walked down the aisle together at their Australia wedding at Abbotsford Convent and wanted their day to have a fun, relaxed and celebratory vibe.
Equally Wed: What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Lisa and Lee: Remember that is a celebration and you don’t have to follow rules. You can make the day what you want. Make it the best party anyone’s ever been to! Take a moment together just before the wedding to take it all in.
Any advice for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Be flexible and open to creating different formats and styles of weddings. And make sure all your documentation and paperwork uses inclusive language!
Photographer: Gaelle Le Berre
Ceremony and Reception: Abbotsford Convent
Florist: Botanics of Melbourne
Attire: Alice McCall
Catering: Bursaria Catering
Cake Designer: Rebecca Ginsberg
Officiant: Koren Harvey
Rings: Suzi Zutic
Makeup: Dana Leviston
Hair: Distinctive Dame
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights