We chose to have an intimate ceremony and non-traditional reception at Rusted Oaks Estate, a venue we rented overnight,” shared Nikki. “We decorated with a wintery theme of pine trees, pine cones and rose gold sparkled accents. We kept the guest list small so that we could celebrate with those who truly supported our love.”
Rose gold made appearances throughout the day from the sparkly cake topper to the rose gold wedding dress. Candice and Nikki did not have a wedding party. Instead, they got ready with some friends as they sipped mimosas and got their hair and makeup done. When it was time for the ceremony Candice met her dad halfway down the aisle and Nikki walked herself down the aisle.
The marriers celebrated their nuptials with a wine box ceremony where they wrote notes to each other and sealed a custom box to be opened together in five years or if a hardship arises in the relationship, whichever comes first. After opening they will replace the bottle of wine and seal the box to be opened in another five years.
Guests were treated to a mule bar which offered Moscow mules, Kentucky mules and Mexican mules. They also received homemade candles as favors to take home.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married