We chose to have an intimate ceremony and non-traditional reception at Rusted Oaks Estate, a venue we rented overnight,” shared Nikki. “We decorated with a wintery theme of pine trees, pine cones and rose gold sparkled accents. We kept the guest list small so that we could celebrate with those who truly supported our love.”
Rose gold made appearances throughout the day from the sparkly cake topper to the rose gold wedding dress. Candice and Nikki did not have a wedding party. Instead, they got ready with some friends as they sipped mimosas and got their hair and makeup done. When it was time for the ceremony Candice met her dad halfway down the aisle and Nikki walked herself down the aisle.
The marriers celebrated their nuptials with a wine box ceremony where they wrote notes to each other and sealed a custom box to be opened together in five years or if a hardship arises in the relationship, whichever comes first. After opening they will replace the bottle of wine and seal the box to be opened in another five years.
Guests were treated to a mule bar which offered Moscow mules, Kentucky mules and Mexican mules. They also received homemade candles as favors to take home.
Photography: Alex Dugan
Venue: Rusted Oaks Estate
Attire: Nordstrom, Express, Dillard’s
Jewelry: Diamond Nexus
Cake: McKay’s Bakery
Hair and makeup: Beauty by Cassadie Dobson
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding