First looks can be one of the most memorable parts of a wedding. Whether you have your first look as you’re walking down the aisle to meet your partner or you plan an intimate moment between the two of you beforehand, it’s usually an emotional moment. We love when photographers capture first looks on camera—and we love it even more when they’re submitted to us! Here are a few of our favorites.
The look on Malakia’s face as she’s walking down the aisle to meet Donika seriously makes us tear up. That is love. As a bonus, we’re really feeling her elegant, stunning red dress.
Darcie and Rebekah went all out with their first look and created a truly cinematic moment outside an abandoned shed. And they’ve known (and loved) each other since grade school—talk about relationship goals!
Kate and Keriann said that the most anticipated part of their wedding was the first look, and it shows. Keriann had never seen Kate with her hair and makeup done before and Kate kept her wedding dress a secret, so there were surprises abound. Plus those city skylines are gorgeous!
Hedley and Bridgette’s wedding is about as floral as it gets, and we’re downright obsessed. All the flowers are from friends’ gardens and the farm where Bridgette worked. We love seeing these two in love, surrounded by gardens.
Elijah and Ben’s wedding is honestly a dream come true. Castle vibes, Beauty and the Beast vibes, Harry Potter vibes—it has everything. They even got married in the library. We can’t get enough of this real-life fairy tale, down to their beautiful first look.
We’re always up for an Italian wedding, and Claudia and Isabelle’s rainbow-themed wedding on Pride Day is no exception. This first look is so filled with emotion that we can barely handle it, and who doesn’t love tattoos?
Cinde and Carly’s wedding was the first same-sex marriage at Congregation Beth Ors, and they celebrate it during Pride month. We’re particularly into the back-to-back first look thing they’ve got going on.
This moment between Mashaun and Elvis is so tender and loving. We also love how their color scheme was inspired by their birthstones (amethyst for Mashaun and aquamarine for Elvis).
Chelsie and Daisy took some time before their destination beach wedding for a dramatic first look, complete with a blindfold. It’s a fun and sweet way to begin a memorable wedding.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- 8 wedding leather jacket looks that are the perfect level of drama
- 5 effortless ways to bring sophistication to your LGBTQ+ wedding decor
- 10 LGBTQ+ wedding details that will make your heart explode!
- Adventure engagement photos in the mountains
- Fairy themed trans wedding in wine country
- Stunning waterfront photos to celebrate IVF and starting a family
- ABA issues formal opinion that judges can’t refuse same-sex marriages
- I didn’t think Valentine’s Day was for queer couples—now I love celebrating it
- Feminine edgy pink and black wedding inspiration
- Southwestern garden wedding inspiration