First looks can be one of the most memorable parts of a wedding. Whether you have your first look as you’re walking down the aisle to meet your partner or you plan an intimate moment between the two of you beforehand, it’s usually an emotional moment. We love when photographers capture first looks on camera—and we love it even more when they’re submitted to us! Here are a few of our favorites.
The look on Malakia’s face as she’s walking down the aisle to meet Donika seriously makes us tear up. That is love. As a bonus, we’re really feeling her elegant, stunning red dress.
Darcie and Rebekah went all out with their first look and created a truly cinematic moment outside an abandoned shed. And they’ve known (and loved) each other since grade school—talk about relationship goals!
Kate and Keriann said that the most anticipated part of their wedding was the first look, and it shows. Keriann had never seen Kate with her hair and makeup done before and Kate kept her wedding dress a secret, so there were surprises abound. Plus those city skylines are gorgeous!
Hedley and Bridgette’s wedding is about as floral as it gets, and we’re downright obsessed. All the flowers are from friends’ gardens and the farm where Bridgette worked. We love seeing these two in love, surrounded by gardens.
Elijah and Ben’s wedding is honestly a dream come true. Castle vibes, Beauty and the Beast vibes, Harry Potter vibes—it has everything. They even got married in the library. We can’t get enough of this real-life fairy tale, down to their beautiful first look.
We’re always up for an Italian wedding, and Claudia and Isabelle’s rainbow-themed wedding on Pride Day is no exception. This first look is so filled with emotion that we can barely handle it, and who doesn’t love tattoos?
Cinde and Carly’s wedding was the first same-sex marriage at Congregation Beth Ors, and they celebrate it during Pride month. We’re particularly into the back-to-back first look thing they’ve got going on.
This moment between Mashaun and Elvis is so tender and loving. We also love how their color scheme was inspired by their birthstones (amethyst for Mashaun and aquamarine for Elvis).
Chelsie and Daisy took some time before their destination beach wedding for a dramatic first look, complete with a blindfold. It’s a fun and sweet way to begin a memorable wedding.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- What our editors are reading & loving on April 24, 2019
- Romantic beach engagement photos on the Oregon Coast
- 19 LGBTQ+ inclusive Texas wedding vendors save the day for two grooms rejected by bigoted venue
- LGBTQ-friendly wedding planning apps you need to try
- On the first day of same-sex marriage in Taiwan, 157 couples will wed
- Here’s everything you need to include on your wedding website
- These are the top destinations for LGBTQ+ Pride events this year
- 11 wedding hats that will make your day as dapper as possible
- Should you both propose? 4 questions to consider before asking
- This fall countryside wedding has all the moody, romantic vibes you need