Malakia and Donika’s sophisticated, fun wedding at the Stone Ridge Event Center in Stone Mountain, Georgia, was accented by Malakia’s red wedding dress and veil and Donika’s cream tuxedo with intricate black detailing. The couple incorporated gold details into their special day, including an elegant gold and cream wedding cake with a red floral decoration.
How did you meet?
We met through a mutual acquaintance.
Tell us about your first date.
For our first date, we decided to travel to Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, Georgia. We walked the gardens, listened to a live band and laughed, and talked the entire day; there was never a dull moment. This was the beginning of a great friendship and our love for travel.
Tell us about the proposal.
We had a big fight the weekend before Donika proposed because she said, in front of our friends, that marriage was not what she wanted. Needless to say, the joke was on me because our friends knew she was planning a proposal. On August 9, 2016, we attended a taping our favorite show, Family Feud, and invited my mother and our friends. Afterward, we had dinner at Hudson Grill in downtown Atlanta and Donika got on one knee and asked for in my hand in marriage. Everyone was in on it! —Malakia, one half of the couple
Photographer: Andre Brown Photography
Event Venue: Stone Ridge Event Center
Event Planner: cTaylorMade ent
Cake: Cakes By LaMeeka
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
- Elegant and rustic Malibou Lake Lodge wedding
- Pridelux, a luxury LGBTQ+ wedding show, opens in London
- Sunrise engagement photos in Brooklyn, New York
- Hundreds of Alabama Methodists sign letter of apology to LGBTQ+ community
- Peach florals warm this industrial distillery wedding inspiration
- 9 wedding first looks we love
- Why I’m taking my wife’s last name when we get married
- Modern green spring Midwest wedding
- Elegant engagement photos at the Biltmore Mansion