Kirsten Ott Palladino
Ink with Intent celebrates LGBTQ+ weddings with inclusive custom wedding certificates and ketubahs
LGBTQ+ inclusive Burlington, Vermont–based artist Adriana Saipe of Ink with Intent wants you to know that ketubahs and wedding certificates can be both modern and classic.
On this day in marriage equality history—May 17, 2004
On May 17, 2004, Marcia Kadish and Tanya McCloskey made marriage equality history by becoming the first same-sex couple to legally marry in the United States when same-sex marriage became legally recognized in Massachusetts.
Popular names for LGBTQ+ moms and nonbinary parents
When my wife and I were expecting twins in 2011, one of the most popular questions we were asked by friends and family were, “What will they call you?” Would we be Mommy and Mama? What other terms are popular among LGBTQ+ moms and nonbinary parents?
Mothers Day gifts for moms and nonbinary parents
Mothers Day gifts aren’t just for your own mother. They’re for other mothers in our lives too. Maybe the one you’re married to or your nonbinary partner who feels disconnected from this gender-specific parent holiday but deserves to be celebrated too. To all the mothers and nonbinary parents, we salute you on Mothers Day and always. These cool Mothers Day gifts are sure to please.
Marriage equality: countries that allow gay marriage
Marriage equality is important when it comes to increased protection for our community as well as visibility and normalizing of LGBTQ+ weddings, commitment, marriage, families and basic humanity. Here’s the latest list of countries that allow gay marriage.
Best wedding songs for LGBTQ weddings and beyond
From R&B, pop, ultra cheesy and rock to country, folk and jazz, this is our ultimate collection of wedding songs that make us croon and swoon. Keep these wedding songs playing in a separate tab while you browse our wedding inspiration and marriage equality information.
Rose and gold Versailles gay wedding inspiration at the Ebell of Los Angeles
We wanted to put a spin on the traditional story of Marie Antoinette and Versailles, and reimagined it as if things had gone differently for Louis and he ended up with a groom instead. For this Versailles gay wedding inspiration, we used a classically French venue in Los Angeles, The Ebell of Los Angeles (a women’s club from the 1920s and a preferred Equally Wed venue) and incorporated some of our favorite wedding vendors and themes.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot