Charming wedding inspiration with pampas grass and lush florals
Photographer Amanda Dyell describes this dazzling styled shoot as “modern with a touch of whimsy.”
“I wanted this shoot to be inspiration for gay and Black women everywhere,” she says. “The pampas grass looks like it’s growing wild and free and the first bride’s gown is sleek and modern with a timeless twist. The other bride is wearing a stellar jumpsuit and kick ass Christian Louboutin’s.”
To celebrate this real couple’s love, Dyell chose a clean white background, which provided endless opportunities for creativity through other decor.
“For the florals, a fresh new approach to a fan favorite—Pampas grass flowing naturally as if from a swamp. Four stunning ceremony pieces stand out in a sea of ghost chairs. The Bouquets couldn’t be more different, one a lush floral filled masterpiece, the other a simple understated bunny tail bouquet showing off the taste of both brides.”
The event is tied together, Dyell continued, with “the natural feel of the table flowers.”
Peppered amongst the decor, you will also find acrylic hexagons, used for the welcome sign, guest name cards, the invitation, and the RSVP card.
“I love this detail because it ties in with the acrylic ghost chairs at the tablescape and ceremony site,” Dyell says.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Dyell Photography
Planner: Dyell Photography
Assistant planner: Rustic Rentals L.A.
Florals: Aglow Florals
Makeup: Louder with Powder
Hair: Ana Hernandez
Rentals: La Piñata Party
Calligraphy: Lettering by Allison Rose
Invitation: Poppy and Birch
Signage: Creative Amme
Veil/headwear: Kinn Óir
Dress: House of Leehwa
Jumpsuit: Rent the Runway
Cake: Confection Connection OC
Sign holder: Rustic Rentals L.A.
Shoes: Christian Louboutin
Ribbon: Tono and Co
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- “Dads” is a new book celebrating gay fatherhood
- How to reduce wedding-planning stress
- Philadelphia garden wedding with bold blue suit and cape sleeve gown
- Elegant engagement session after romantic New Year’s Eve proposal
- Wonderland-themed wedding inspiration in the gardens of O’ahu
- 6 gender-neutral LGBTQ+ inclusive wedding terms to make all couples feel included
- California Beach photo session to celebrate virtual wedding
- Couple flooded with kindness after Tennessee wedding venue rejected them for being gay
- 18 gorgeous face masks from Etsy for your Covid-safe wedding
- Colorado Gov. Jared Polis marries Marlon Reis and makes history
- How To Mix Up Tradition For Your LGBTQ+ Wedding
- Minimalist Louisiana wedding with floral cake and sparkler send off
- 6 stylish bow ties for autumn weddings
- WNBA teammates Jasmine Thomas and Natisha Hiedeman are engaged
- 6 children’s books that celebrate LGBTQ+ families
- 6 challenges straight couples don’t have to deal with when planning a wedding
- Desert LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration featuring native Arizona plants and a custom floral suit
- Celestial-themed Missouri wedding featuring navy and gold
- South Carolina engagement session celebrating LGBTQ+ love in the outdoors
- 5 floral fads in vogue for ’21 and ’22 weddings