Charming wedding inspiration with pampas grass and lush florals
Photographer Amanda Dyell describes this dazzling styled shoot as “modern with a touch of whimsy.”
“I wanted this shoot to be inspiration for gay and Black women everywhere,” she says. “The pampas grass looks like it’s growing wild and free and the first bride’s gown is sleek and modern with a timeless twist. The other bride is wearing a stellar jumpsuit and kick ass Christian Louboutin’s.”
To celebrate this real couple’s love, Dyell chose a clean white background, which provided endless opportunities for creativity through other decor.
“For the florals, a fresh new approach to a fan favorite—Pampas grass flowing naturally as if from a swamp. Four stunning ceremony pieces stand out in a sea of ghost chairs. The Bouquets couldn’t be more different, one a lush floral filled masterpiece, the other a simple understated bunny tail bouquet showing off the taste of both brides.”
The event is tied together, Dyell continued, with “the natural feel of the table flowers.”
Peppered amongst the decor, you will also find acrylic hexagons, used for the welcome sign, guest name cards, the invitation, and the RSVP card.
“I love this detail because it ties in with the acrylic ghost chairs at the tablescape and ceremony site,” Dyell says.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Dyell Photography
Planner: Dyell Photography
Assistant planner: Rustic Rentals L.A.
Florals: Aglow Florals
Makeup: Louder with Powder
Hair: Ana Hernandez
Rentals: La Piñata Party
Calligraphy: Lettering by Allison Rose
Invitation: Poppy and Birch
Signage: Creative Amme
Veil/headwear: Kinn Óir
Dress: House of Leehwa
Jumpsuit: Rent the Runway
Cake: Confection Connection OC
Sign holder: Rustic Rentals L.A.
Shoes: Christian Louboutin
Ribbon: Tono and Co
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL