Shelley and Jennifer celebrated their wedding overlooking the scenic Chicago River. Jennifer wore a a green floor length gown, and Shelley wore burnt sienna pants with a white button-up shirt and fur vest. After the outdoor rooftop ceremony, guests enjoyed a delicious spread of appetizers made by The Chopping Block where Jennifer is the owner and chef. Checkers were available for anyone to enjoy a game, and everyone was treated to a wide variety of colorfully decorated cupcakes and cakes for dessert.
From the photographer, Clarissa: Shelley + Jennifer had the first wedding ceremony to be held at this location at Chicago’s historic Merchandise Mart facing the Chicago River! The reception moved indoors into a new space that overlooks the Chicago river in the middle of downtown Chicago. Jennifer is the owner/chef at The Chopping Block, so their food + presentation was on point.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lena Waithe and Alana Mayo got married in San Francisco
- What we love about the Renault Clio car ad celebrating a 30-year lesbian romance
- Ellen DeGeneres surprised lesbian couple whose family won’t attend wedding
- Romantic, industrial fall wedding with Indian cultural touches
- Chick-fil-A will stop donating to (some) anti-LGBTQ+ organizations
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
- Roxane Gay and Debbie Millman are officially engaged