Sophisticated outdoor Chicago River wedding
Shelley and Jennifer celebrated their wedding overlooking the scenic Chicago River. Jennifer wore a a green floor length gown, and Shelley wore burnt sienna pants with a white button-up shirt and fur vest. After the outdoor rooftop ceremony, guests enjoyed a delicious spread of appetizers made by The Chopping Block where Jennifer is the owner and chef. Checkers were available for anyone to enjoy a game, and everyone was treated to a wide variety of colorfully decorated cupcakes and cakes for dessert.
From the photographer, Clarissa: Shelley + Jennifer had the first wedding ceremony to be held at this location at Chicago’s historic Merchandise Mart facing the Chicago River! The reception moved indoors into a new space that overlooks the Chicago river in the middle of downtown Chicago. Jennifer is the owner/chef at The Chopping Block, so their food + presentation was on point.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study
- Carefree bohemian beach wedding in Pensacola, Florida
- Nautical summer beach wedding with Seinfeld theme
- Waterfront brewery elopement at The Piermont in Babylon, New York
- Whimsical, rustic waterfront wedding in San Diego, California
- This is the history behind the traditional wedding gift rules you’ve heard
- Rustic mountain wedding at The Red Barn at Hampshire College
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia