Carrie Underwood helps country music couple gets engaged
Country icon Carrie Underwood can add matchmaker to her list of talents after setting up this newly engaged couple. Cody Alan, CMT and iHeartRadio host, proposed to his boyfriend, occupational therapist Michael Trea Smith, at the Sandals South Coast resort in Jamaica.
“Carrie, she’s like cupid to us — but with much better legs!” Alan shared with People.
A post shared by Cody Alan (@cmtcody) on
The couple met at a Carrie Underwood concert where Alan was the host. Alan came out publicly on Instagram in January 2017, and later in the year he and Smith began making public appearances on the red carpet. Alan has two teenage children with his ex-wife, and they were a driving factor in his relationship with Smith.
“Not to be too cliché, but I knew he was the one by the way he loved my kids,” Alan told People.
The couple has yet to begin wedding planning, but Alan already has a few ideas.
“No one will be in a dress, for starters!” he quips. “We’re both simple guys, so I’m not sure it will be lavish … but we certainly want to share it with all those who’ve loved and supported us on our journey.”
Featured image via @cmtcody
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to shop for (and rent) your wedding suit or tuxedo
- Should I invite my ex to my wedding?
- Intimate forest wedding brings South Asian interfaith traditions to Ontario
- Documentary-style candids highlight moments of everyday love for this newly engaged couple
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding