Carrie Underwood helps country music couple gets engaged
Country icon Carrie Underwood can add matchmaker to her list of talents after setting up this newly engaged couple. Cody Alan, CMT and iHeartRadio host, proposed to his boyfriend, occupational therapist Michael Trea Smith, at the Sandals South Coast resort in Jamaica.
“Carrie, she’s like cupid to us — but with much better legs!” Alan shared with People.
A post shared by Cody Alan (@cmtcody) on
The couple met at a Carrie Underwood concert where Alan was the host. Alan came out publicly on Instagram in January 2017, and later in the year he and Smith began making public appearances on the red carpet. Alan has two teenage children with his ex-wife, and they were a driving factor in his relationship with Smith.
“Not to be too cliché, but I knew he was the one by the way he loved my kids,” Alan told People.
The couple has yet to begin wedding planning, but Alan already has a few ideas.
“No one will be in a dress, for starters!” he quips. “We’re both simple guys, so I’m not sure it will be lavish … but we certainly want to share it with all those who’ve loved and supported us on our journey.”
Featured image via @cmtcody
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot