Maroon and champagne Virginia wooded wedding
Virginia wooded wedding
Michelle and Crystal’s wedding took place in the middle of the woods, surrounded by gorgeous, leafless trees in the middle of fall. The wedding party was made up of six adults, a flower girl and a ring bearer. The ring bearer and flower girl wore styles to match the wedding party.
Guests watched on in comfort from vintage love seats and chairs that added a gorgeous set-up to the middle of the woods. Crystal and Michelle tied the knot under a wooded awning decorated with greenery. Blankets were provided if guests were cold from the outdoor November weather.
After the ceremony guests enjoyed a reception outdoors. White tables were decorated with gold accent plates and leaves on each place setting. The cake was a three layer naked cake decorated with maroon flowers.
From the photographer, Bethanne Arthur: Crystal and Michelle said their “I do’s” on a gorgeous fall day in November in the secluded woods on the property outside of Stevenson Ridge in Spotsylvania, Virginia. For their ceremony, they were surrounded and supported by their closest family members and dear friends. Their guests sat on vintage sofas and armchairs while Crystal and Michelle exchanged their vows. These two are such a sweet and genuine couple who have endured so much during their relationship. It was beautiful to see these two become partners for life.
Crystal’s bridesmaids were dressed in rich hues of red, and Michelle’s girls were dressed in matching champagne colors and maroon bowties to match the maroon and champagne color scheme of their big day. I adored the wooden arch adorned with cascading greenery, and the sun was shining through the trees so beautifully as Crystal and Michelle shared their love for one another.
Crystal is a professional photographer in Virginia and during a session that Crystal thought was for updated head shots, Michelle surprised her on the beach by proposing! A close friend who had been capturing Crystal’s head shots knew that Michelle would be surprising her and captured the entire, emotional event with her camera!
Photographer: Bethanne Arthur Photography
Dress Designer: Alfred Angelo
Makeup Artist: Allen Stanley
Equipment Rentals: Paisley and Jade
Equipment Rentals: Trainham’s Tent Rentals
Invitation Designer: Wedding Paper Divas
Floral Designer: Faithful Flowers
Caterer: IK Catering
Reception Venue: Stevenson Ridge
Dress Store: Urban Set Bride
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day