Mercedes and Jess are true nature lovers, they spend tons of time outside, in the forest and exploring the PNW. And to top it off they forage for wild foods often (they even took me mushroom picking for their engagement session!) So the Cheakamus Outdoor Education Centre in Squamish, BC was absolutely a perfect fit for them.
Their whole day was filled with lot of magical little romantic moments. They opted to have their ceremony in a beautiful little clearing in the forest and afterwards we wandered around taking photos between ancient trees and turquoise blue glacier streams. At their reception, their DIY decor perfectly mimicked the natural setting with flowers foraged by Mercedes and tables named for types of trees. They took their cozy intimate forest wedding vibes to the next level with a campfire and a cabin sleepover for all their guests after the reception.
From the photographer, Meaghan Harvey
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study
- Carefree bohemian beach wedding in Pensacola, Florida
- Nautical summer beach wedding with Seinfeld theme
- Waterfront brewery elopement at The Piermont in Babylon, New York
- Whimsical, rustic waterfront wedding in San Diego, California