Mercedes and Jess are true nature lovers, they spend tons of time outside, in the forest and exploring the PNW. And to top it off they forage for wild foods often (they even took me mushroom picking for their engagement session!) So the Cheakamus Outdoor Education Centre in Squamish, BC was absolutely a perfect fit for them.
Their whole day was filled with lot of magical little romantic moments. They opted to have their ceremony in a beautiful little clearing in the forest and afterwards we wandered around taking photos between ancient trees and turquoise blue glacier streams. At their reception, their DIY decor perfectly mimicked the natural setting with flowers foraged by Mercedes and tables named for types of trees. They took their cozy intimate forest wedding vibes to the next level with a campfire and a cabin sleepover for all their guests after the reception.
From the photographer, Meaghan Harvey
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- LGBTQ+ honeymoon destination: Iceland
- Inclusive Wedding Fair debuts in Fayetteville, Tennessee
- Sunny outdoor Canadian wedding with haystack photos and geometric arch
- Cottagecore wedding ideas with poetry, tarot cards, and pagan altar
- Sunny Sedona elopement with picnic and guitar
- 5 wedding headpiece trends you’ll see in 2022
- Grand Las Vegas proposal with candles, rose petals, and light boxes
- Drag queen wedding inspiration with flowing floral gown and cotton candy wall
- Israel legalizes surrogacy for LGBTQ+ couples
- LGBTQ+ wedding titles: bride, groom, marrier and more!
- Fairytale outdoor wedding in New Jersey with whimsical decor and endless greenery
- Black and gold Hollywood wedding at The Ebell of Los Angeles