Star Trek-Inspired Gay Wedding Photo Shoot
This Star Trek gay wedding photo shoot is definitely not science fiction, though the two grooms are definite fans!
A couple who plays together stays together, right? We love how this real-life couple’s devotion to Star Trek helped shape a meaningful photo shoot in Coronado, Calif.
From Chris Wojdak: “One of my favorite things about Brenda Swann of Swann Soirees is the approach she takes to a wedding; it should be a beautiful, fun, fabulous day, but you shouldn’t be so stressed out that you become a crazy person and cease to enjoy it. We’ve been talking a lot about how to encourage our couples to enjoy their celebrations, and the conversation kept coming back to two things; keeping things low-stress, and getting ready together.
“Brenda made a great point in that many hotels offer packages that are both convenient and affordable, but many couples don’t consider them as viable options for a chic affair because they don’t often see them in mainstream wedding culture. We couldn’t have picked a better venue than the Coronado Marriott Resort and Spa, which is located right next to the San Diego Bay, with a beautiful view of the city and every amenity. They were so accommodating and full of great ideas to enhance our couple’s experience, even though it was an inspiration shoot!
“Our real-life couple, Ludick Kepler and James Schindler, agreed to the shoot on the condition that we incorporate their love of Star Trek, which proved to be easy to do in a stylish and subtle way, with Spiffing Jewelry’s amazing contribution in the way of thematic jewelry. Deep blue tones kept our theme grounded and masculine, and Nic.Roc. Designs created the perfect stationery set to complement the masculine feel of the affair. We chose to show them getting ready together, making the most of their day to get a few quiet moments alone before the ceremony, as well as rolling straight into their honeymoon, relaxing by the pool and napping in a hammock. We really wanted to contribute to the idea that one can have a truly all-inclusive event and vacation at a hotel, and include a lot of experiences that might not be possible at another venue by allowing the event to be stretched over a few days.”
Coordination / concept: Swan Soirées
Photography: Chris Wojdak
Florals: Classic Blooms Studio
Hair/Makeup: Elena T Beauty
Venue and Catering: Coronado Marriott Resort and Spa
Lighting: Tim Altbaum Productions
Wardrobe: A Better Deal Tuxedo
Jewelry and silver plaque: Spiffing Jewelry
Invitations: Nic.Roc. Designs
Linens: Unique Inspirations
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal