9 questions you and your partner should ask after getting engaged
You and your partner just got engaged! Now you’re not sure if you should start wedding planning right away or what you even want. The planning process is different for everyone, but there are some important things you should discuss first to make sure you’re on the same page.
8 love stories to read as self-care when the world is on fire
Sometimes—especially in the wake of devastating news—it feels like the world is on fire. There are also times when we just need to take a step back and practice self-care. So here are 8 love stories that will hopefully cheer you up and bring happiness to your corner of the world.
Fun purple and silver wedding in Bethesda, Maryland
Lovebirds Nikki and Jennifer had an intimate, fun wedding in Bethesda, Maryland. Their colors were purple and silver.
The wow factor of Kelly Faetanini wedding dresses
Shopping for a wedding dress can be one of the most challenging parts of planning a wedding. You want to absolutely love the dress you choose and feel confident about it for years to come. When you shop at Kelly Faetanini, you know that you’re getting the dress of your dreams.
Purple and black rooftop wedding in Brooklyn, New York
After dating for seven years, Katherine and Keriann got married on the rooftop of Deity with a view of the sunset over the city skyline. Their theme was Brooklyn, New York, and they complemented the theme with flowers and accents in black, gray and purple.
Chicago Riverwalk intimate wedding
Thomas and John planned a beautiful intimate vow exchange and brunch at an up-and-coming restaurant, Avec, in the West Loop of Chicago, Illinois. That same evening the couple held a classy reception at The London House Chicago complete with Chicago Riverwalk views and a gorgeous sunset.
Rustic wedding in Columbus, Ohio
Mariah and Lauren’s had a rustic outdoor wedding with muted blush and cream colors. Their venue was La Navona in Columbus, Ohio, and their wedding featured a lot of greenery, nature, and a wedding cake adorned with flowers and a topper that said, “To the Moon and Back.”
How to propose—8 different ideas
You’re feeling ready to ask your significant other to marry you, but now you’re faced with another monumental question: How should you do it? If you know your partner would be seriously wowed by a unique proposal, here are some ideas that will get you inspired.
Purple Northwest backyard wedding
Brittany and Jen’s backyard wedding was held at a friend’s home in Buckley, Washington. It was complete with an elevated deck that overlooked the altar and served as an awesome dance floor. During the ceremony, both of their kids gave speeches, and they lit unity candles as a family.
This couple had to change their wedding plans to evacuate a hurricane
In the midst of preparing for their destination wedding, Liz and Katie found their home in the evacuation zone of a major hurricane. So they put final fittings and packing on hold and boarded up the house. They headed to the Washington, D.C., area, trying not to think about the damage that they may return to.
Hilltop wedding in the mountains of Sedona, Arizona
Sophie and Melisa’s hilltop wedding in Sedona, Arizona, at Agave of Sedona showcased panoramic views of the mountainous Red Rock formations.
12 unique places to elope
Planning for your elopement is exciting, but can also be a challenge. How traditional should you be, and how casual? How many guests are you going to invite, if any? And where will you elope? If you’re still trying to figure out the place and the venue, here are 12 unique options to consider.
Rustic traditional Southern fall barn wedding
Laura and Ada had their rustic Southern fall wedding in a barn in Saint Louis, Missouri. They’re a traditional couple, so their wedding included a walk down the aisle, first dance, bouquet toss, garter toss, cake cutting, and sparkler sendoff.
Fun and romantic Arizona backyard wedding
Sheryl and Socorro got married in Socorro’s uncle’s beautiful backyard in Mesa, Arizona. When they first met, Socorro wasn’t too sure about Sheryl. After time, their friendship blossomed into a wonderful relationship. Now they enjoy spending all of their time together and taking day trips to Northern Arizona.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Romantic Zoom wedding eight years in the making
- Seaside South Carolina proposal on horseback
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca
- LGBTQ+ people in Spain now have access to IVF treatment to build their families
- Four reasons LGBTQ+ couples should consider a Charleston honeymoon
- California engagement session surrounded by sparkling trees