Celebrity Lesbian Weddings: B-52s’ Kate Pierson Marries Monica Coleman
As an Athens, Georgia native, I’m elated over the fabulous news that Kate Pierson, one of the lead singers and co-founders of Georgia new wave band The B-52s, married her longtime girlfriend Monica Coleman last weekend — and she chose Facebook to announce it to her fans.
Coleman’s silk wedding gown was a gleaming dusty gold while Pierson chose a silk and tulle wedding dress in pink. Both women opted to style their looks with traditional Hawaiian leis. Pierson also donned a flower crown.
The lovebirds took an adorable selfie. “Married now” was Pierson’s Facebook caption.
Our buds over at E! News have even more scoop, natch. “The wedding was attended by the entire B52s band, Sia Furler and husband Erik Anders Lang were the witnesses,” a rep for Pierson tells E! News. “Sia performed the song she wrote for the couple ‘Crush Me With You Love’ on Pierson’s first solo album Guitars and Microphones and was accompanied by the famous Hawaii music group the Lim Family who serenaded the attendees during the event. Fred Schneider made the best man speech.”
Photos courtesy of Kate Pierson’s Facebook page
Kirsten Ott Palladino
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Is engagement photography worth the time and money?
- Golden hour proposal in the mountains of San Diego, California
- Botanical, tropical fall greenhouse wedding in St. Louis, Missouri
- Celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie marries Danny Peuscovich in outdoor luxury South Africa wedding
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study