Celebrity Lesbian Weddings: B-52s’ Kate Pierson Marries Monica Coleman
As an Athens, Georgia native, I’m elated over the fabulous news that Kate Pierson, one of the lead singers and co-founders of Georgia new wave band The B-52s, married her longtime girlfriend Monica Coleman last weekend — and she chose Facebook to announce it to her fans.
Coleman’s silk wedding gown was a gleaming dusty gold while Pierson chose a silk and tulle wedding dress in pink. Both women opted to style their looks with traditional Hawaiian leis. Pierson also donned a flower crown.
The lovebirds took an adorable selfie. “Married now” was Pierson’s Facebook caption.
Our buds over at E! News have even more scoop, natch. “The wedding was attended by the entire B52s band, Sia Furler and husband Erik Anders Lang were the witnesses,” a rep for Pierson tells E! News. “Sia performed the song she wrote for the couple ‘Crush Me With You Love’ on Pierson’s first solo album Guitars and Microphones and was accompanied by the famous Hawaii music group the Lim Family who serenaded the attendees during the event. Fred Schneider made the best man speech.”
Photos courtesy of Kate Pierson’s Facebook page
Kirsten Ott Palladino
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot