Celebrity Lesbian Weddings: B-52s’ Kate Pierson Marries Monica Coleman
As an Athens, Georgia native, I’m elated over the fabulous news that Kate Pierson, one of the lead singers and co-founders of Georgia new wave band The B-52s, married her longtime girlfriend Monica Coleman last weekend — and she chose Facebook to announce it to her fans.
Coleman’s silk wedding gown was a gleaming dusty gold while Pierson chose a silk and tulle wedding dress in pink. Both women opted to style their looks with traditional Hawaiian leis. Pierson also donned a flower crown.
The lovebirds took an adorable selfie. “Married now” was Pierson’s Facebook caption.
Our buds over at E! News have even more scoop, natch. “The wedding was attended by the entire B52s band, Sia Furler and husband Erik Anders Lang were the witnesses,” a rep for Pierson tells E! News. “Sia performed the song she wrote for the couple ‘Crush Me With You Love’ on Pierson’s first solo album Guitars and Microphones and was accompanied by the famous Hawaii music group the Lim Family who serenaded the attendees during the event. Fred Schneider made the best man speech.”
Photos courtesy of Kate Pierson’s Facebook page
Kirsten Ott Palladino
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married