Celebrity Lesbian Weddings: B-52s’ Kate Pierson Marries Monica Coleman
As an Athens, Georgia native, I’m elated over the fabulous news that Kate Pierson, one of the lead singers and co-founders of Georgia new wave band The B-52s, married her longtime girlfriend Monica Coleman last weekend — and she chose Facebook to announce it to her fans.
Coleman’s silk wedding gown was a gleaming dusty gold while Pierson chose a silk and tulle wedding dress in pink. Both women opted to style their looks with traditional Hawaiian leis. Pierson also donned a flower crown.
The lovebirds took an adorable selfie. “Married now” was Pierson’s Facebook caption.
Our buds over at E! News have even more scoop, natch. “The wedding was attended by the entire B52s band, Sia Furler and husband Erik Anders Lang were the witnesses,” a rep for Pierson tells E! News. “Sia performed the song she wrote for the couple ‘Crush Me With You Love’ on Pierson’s first solo album Guitars and Microphones and was accompanied by the famous Hawaii music group the Lim Family who serenaded the attendees during the event. Fred Schneider made the best man speech.”
Photos courtesy of Kate Pierson’s Facebook page
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
- Roxane Gay and Debbie Millman are officially engaged
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- This mom’s wedding speech will make you cry in the best way
- Community was at the heart of this floral summer wedding
- Romantic engagement photos on the beach in Kauai, Hawaii
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Wild child Southwest wedding at Rimrock Ranch in Pioneertown, California
- Why you should absolutely do a post-wedding photo shoot