Win a Dream LGBT Wedding from The Brice Hotel, Savannah, Georgia
One of the biggest proponents for celebrating diversity is Kimpton Hotels, so naturally the brand wants to commemorate the Supreme Court ruling that same-sex marriage is legally recognized in every state in the country. One of their hotels, The Brice, located in the heart of Savannah, Georgia, is honoring the SCOTUS ruling by pulling out all the stops for one lucky LGBT couple in Georgia who will win an all-inclusive wedding giveaway.
How do you take a chance at luck? Tell them your love story.
The Brice Hotel wants to hear the sappy, funny, romantic or sweet story that defines you and your spouse-to-be as a couple. All you need to do is submit a 90-second video or a 350-word essay, along with one photo of both of you, to firstname.lastname@example.org or by snail mail to:
LGBT Wedding Giveaway
601 E. Bay St.
Savannah, GA 31401
The top 10 finalists will be chosen by their judges: Kirsten Ott, the editorial director of Equally Wed magazine (that’s me!), an LGBT staff member of The Brice and a representative from Visit Savannah. These lovely folks will then announce the top five finalists, who will be handed over to Facebook. Facebook users will select their favorite story/couple and the winner will be announced Sept. 15 at noon.
WHAT’S AT STAKE
The lucky couple will win a lovely rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception and minimoon. And the rehearsal dinner will kick off the exciting wedding weekend on the right foot: 20 of the couple’s closest friends and family will be invited to wine and dine with them in The Brice’s stunning Sassafras room. So bust out the bubbly and loosen your belt for a night of fun and celebration.
On your first evening in Savannah, Pacci, the coastal Italian restaurant at The Brice, will host your rehearsal dinner on Feb. 26 for up to 20 people. The following day, The Brice will be the backdrop to your wedding and reception for 60 of your closest friends and family, making Feb. 27 an unforgettable day for the rest of your life.
The Brice wants to make your special day the best it can be, so a multicourse meal, Champagne toast, signature cocktail and floral centerpieces will be included. And of course we can’t forget the most important part of a wedding — the cake, which is also on us. After you’ve partied all you can party, The Brice will then put you up for the night and treat you to a breakfast for two at Pacci.
But the dream wedding is not over yet — they’ll also send you and your new husband or wife to Miami’s South Beach for a two-night stay at their Surfcomber hotel to celebrate your love and help you make new memories together as a married couple. A $200 food credit and a couple’s massage will also be included.
So Georgians (yes, the contest is only open to residents of Georgia … sorry other 49 states), send your love story to us by Sept. 1 at 11:59 pm and this could all be yours. Find more information and rules about the contest here.
Kirsten Ott Palladino
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH