Jeff + Jeremiah: A Surprise Beach Wedding Proposal in Riviera Maya
From Jeff: On our annual trip to Mexico I surprised my partner Jeremiah with a special marriage proposal. Here is how I pulled it off. First I sent a fake letter to our home 6 months ago saying we were chosen for a photo shoot for the El Dorado Royale resort. Then I told him we were saving up for a big trip to Australia for my 30th birthday in 2014. I also told him we would be going on a number of excursions during our vacation (i.e. zip-lining, snorkeling, horseback riding and more!). When in reality I used those funds and hired the video and camera crew for us. Lastly, four years ago we met an amazing group of people at the resort. I was able to get all of them to meet us this year for the special moment.
WATCH JEFF + JEREMIAH’S ENGAGEMENT VIDEO!
Photos: Mexican Wedding Photos; video courtesy of the couple
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor