Jeff + Jeremiah: A Surprise Beach Wedding Proposal in Riviera Maya
From Jeff: On our annual trip to Mexico I surprised my partner Jeremiah with a special marriage proposal. Here is how I pulled it off. First I sent a fake letter to our home 6 months ago saying we were chosen for a photo shoot for the El Dorado Royale resort. Then I told him we were saving up for a big trip to Australia for my 30th birthday in 2014. I also told him we would be going on a number of excursions during our vacation (i.e. zip-lining, snorkeling, horseback riding and more!). When in reality I used those funds and hired the video and camera crew for us. Lastly, four years ago we met an amazing group of people at the resort. I was able to get all of them to meet us this year for the special moment.
WATCH JEFF + JEREMIAH’S ENGAGEMENT VIDEO!
Photos: Mexican Wedding Photos; video courtesy of the couple
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Wedding invitation company is allowed to discriminate against gay couples
- ABC’s ‘Bachelor’ TV franchise makes history with first same-sex engagement
- Monochromatic countryside double wedding inspiration
- Lesbian couple denied by California winery wedding venue receives apology after performer Nikki Levy intervenes
- 12 creative and unique alternative wedding cakes for your celebration
- 22 couples with tattoos who prove ink is the best wedding look
- Lesbian pioneers in fight for marriage equality now in bitter divorce battle challenging definition of marriage
- Double engagement inspiration in the Arizona Cactus Garden
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- Gay dads around globe get less parental leave than lesbian parents and straight couples