Jeff + Jeremiah: A Surprise Beach Wedding Proposal in Riviera Maya
From Jeff: On our annual trip to Mexico I surprised my partner Jeremiah with a special marriage proposal. Here is how I pulled it off. First I sent a fake letter to our home 6 months ago saying we were chosen for a photo shoot for the El Dorado Royale resort. Then I told him we were saving up for a big trip to Australia for my 30th birthday in 2014. I also told him we would be going on a number of excursions during our vacation (i.e. zip-lining, snorkeling, horseback riding and more!). When in reality I used those funds and hired the video and camera crew for us. Lastly, four years ago we met an amazing group of people at the resort. I was able to get all of them to meet us this year for the special moment.
WATCH JEFF + JEREMIAH’S ENGAGEMENT VIDEO!
Photos: Mexican Wedding Photos; video courtesy of the couple
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- How our lives changed when we became gay parents with kids
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank
- Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news