Jeff + Jeremiah: A Surprise Beach Wedding Proposal in Riviera Maya
From Jeff: On our annual trip to Mexico I surprised my partner Jeremiah with a special marriage proposal. Here is how I pulled it off. First I sent a fake letter to our home 6 months ago saying we were chosen for a photo shoot for the El Dorado Royale resort. Then I told him we were saving up for a big trip to Australia for my 30th birthday in 2014. I also told him we would be going on a number of excursions during our vacation (i.e. zip-lining, snorkeling, horseback riding and more!). When in reality I used those funds and hired the video and camera crew for us. Lastly, four years ago we met an amazing group of people at the resort. I was able to get all of them to meet us this year for the special moment.
WATCH JEFF + JEREMIAH’S ENGAGEMENT VIDEO!
Photos: Mexican Wedding Photos; video courtesy of the couple
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot