We wanted to incorporate lots of texture and layers into this shoot. With painted greens and lots of mixed foliage, this shoot is filled with texture from beginning to end. My intention with this industrial, modern, and textured shoot is to convey that no matter what, love is love. I really was inspired by the rainbow colors in Pride. But I knew I wanted to incorporate those in a modest and modern way.
I think the venue set the stage for the eclectic vibe I really wanted to bring into it. The rainbow pops out in only a couple of statement photos and then in small details here and there. I love the feel of the white and light photos. It ties all of the elements together. We wanted to break up the brightness of the whites with mixed metals and modern textures.
The flowers were intricately and delicately placed all by hand—each and every piece. All of the florals were hand painted and placed piece by piece into the sets. The floral really set the stage for the whole shoot. Jimmy and LauraLee at greenSinner Floral Event Design hand-painted all of our textured foliage. We incorporated palm leaves and long greens to create a large statement piece around the ceremony space. They also created a sky garden in one of the hanging features at the venue, this blew my mind and really took the whole thing over the top. The bouquets were created very differently and styled based off of the design of each dress that the models were wearing.
The wedding cake was designed and created by Bella Christie. I had an idea to have a rainbow geode cake. I scoured the internet to see if it had ever been done in a classy and modern style and I think we stumbled upon something that hasn’t really been done before with a cake. The rainbow geode design was one of my favorite and a real rock star of the day. —from the photographer, Sarah Casile
Photographer & Event Planner: Sarah Casile Weddings
Event Planner & Floral Designer: greenSinner Floral Event Design
Cake Designer: Bella Christie and Lil Z’s Sweet Boutique
Dress Designer: Daarlana Couture
Dress Store: Luna Boutique
Stationery Designer: Red Punch Design
Hair Stylist: Simplicity Mobile Spa
Makeup Artist: Makeup by Marenda
Entertainment: DJ Grover
Linens: Mosaic Linens
Vintage Rentals: Vintage Alley Rentals
Veils, Headpieces & Jewelry: Clarissa Boutique
Lighting: EF Lighting
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Is engagement photography worth the time and money?
- Golden hour proposal in the mountains of San Diego, California
- Botanical, tropical fall greenhouse wedding in St. Louis, Missouri
- Celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie marries Danny Peuscovich in outdoor luxury South Africa wedding
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study