Secret garden wedding inspiration in the Netherlands
What began as some last-minute preparations for a styled photo shoot ended up becoming a major wedding theater production and a forever love story for Robert and Patrick.
The theme for this wedding inspiration was secret garden with a color palette and natural greenery to complement the setting. The venue was Kasteel Ophemert, which offered exceptional castle scenery.
The venue features a stunning backdrop of wide open lawns with several hundreds of years old trees. The property itself is powerful, classic, rustic and beautifully accented with wrap-around patios, a swimming pool and an open and airy event space with secret garden green rooms. The florals featured the natural bouquets and the centerpieces including witte tulpen, calla, cymbidium, scilla and blauwe iris, surrounded by eucalyptus and hedera greenery.
Venue: Kasteel Ophemert
Makeup: Cynthia Veenmaan
Florist: Lia van Gulik
Styling: Exquisite Gay Weddings
Wedding Car: Daimler DS 420 StateLimousine Landaulette
Officiants: Harry de Bont and Manja Rooswinkel
Invitations: Jelmer en Laene
White Birds: Wilfred Hamelink
Champagne: Sabrina Nanhekhan
Cocktails: Rachel Keks
Balloons: Jordy Jas
Suits: Erna Brand
Rings: Ellen en Lotte
Fin Leary Lavoie
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- This Great Gatsby wedding in Walnut Grove, California, featured a casino speakeasy reception
- The queer Christmas story you’ve been waiting for
- Our lesbian love story: St. Pete Beach engagement with a proposal photographer
- Black and yellow poolside wedding in Palm Springs, California
- Home for the holidays anniversary photo shoot