Gorgeous sunflower wedding in Tennessee
Tennessee sunflower wedding with six cakes
That’s right, this wedding had not one, but six cakes! A cake lover’s dream, this wedding was filled with personal touches. The guest book was actually a guest quilt and the cakes represented key moments in Shauna and Kim’s lives. It was truly a beautiful celebration honoring not only the couple, but incorporating everyone in attendance.
From the photographer, And How! Imaging: Shauna and Kim spoke their vows to one another on a beautiful summer day, surrounded by their closest friends and family, as the sun set behind the lake in the background. And yes, it was as ridiculously gorgeous and romantic as it sounds! There is so much awesomeness about these two, as is evident in the amount of attention and love they put into planning their wedding day. Everything about it was so personal to the both of them. For starters, their cake toppers (they had SIX cakes, because well, cake is awesome and no one should have to pick just one kind!) that represented different phases of their lives were hand made by them and their friends. They also had a guest quilt instead of a traditional guest book, where their guests signed quilt squares which will later be pieced together into a full quilt- how awesome of a keepsake will that be?! Their wedding program was even filled with fun games related to the two of them that their guests could play while waiting for their ceremony to start.Their love of books and sunflowers was also worked into the decor for this special day, and let me tell you the combination of sunshine, sunflowers, and smiles made for the most love filled atmosphere these two brides could ask for.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lesbian couple denied by California winery wedding venue receives apology after performer Nikki Levy intervenes
- 12 creative and unique alternative wedding cakes for your celebration
- 22 couples with tattoos who prove ink is the best wedding look
- Lesbian pioneers in fight for marriage equality now in bitter divorce battle challenging definition of marriage
- Double engagement inspiration in the Arizona Cactus Garden
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- Gay dads around globe get less parental leave than lesbian parents and straight couples
- How we chose our wedding party and asked them to share the day with us
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage
- Moody engagement photos at Avalon Park & Preserve