Tennessee sunflower wedding with six cakes
That’s right, this wedding had not one, but six cakes! A cake lover’s dream, this wedding was filled with personal touches. The guest book was actually a guest quilt and the cakes represented key moments in Shauna and Kim’s lives. It was truly a beautiful celebration honoring not only the couple, but incorporating everyone in attendance.
From the photographer, And How! Imaging: Shauna and Kim spoke their vows to one another on a beautiful summer day, surrounded by their closest friends and family, as the sun set behind the lake in the background. And yes, it was as ridiculously gorgeous and romantic as it sounds! There is so much awesomeness about these two, as is evident in the amount of attention and love they put into planning their wedding day. Everything about it was so personal to the both of them. For starters, their cake toppers (they had SIX cakes, because well, cake is awesome and no one should have to pick just one kind!) that represented different phases of their lives were hand made by them and their friends. They also had a guest quilt instead of a traditional guest book, where their guests signed quilt squares which will later be pieced together into a full quilt- how awesome of a keepsake will that be?! Their wedding program was even filled with fun games related to the two of them that their guests could play while waiting for their ceremony to start.Their love of books and sunflowers was also worked into the decor for this special day, and let me tell you the combination of sunshine, sunflowers, and smiles made for the most love filled atmosphere these two brides could ask for.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights