Whimsical Downtown Los Angeles pink and orange outdoor wedding
Whimsical Downtown Los Angeles wedding
Michelle and Julia’s wedding was filled with pink and orange accents. The two were married under a chuppah decorated in pink and orange. Guests sat on bright pink chairs to take in the breathtaking views of the ceremony and the scenery behind it.
Michelle walked down the aisle with both of her parents and Julia walked in with her father. The two had no formal wedding party and instead asked their family to wear pink accents to stand out. Their siblings held their chuppah and acted as their defacto wedding party.
After the ceremony guests enjoyed specialty spicy cocktails and comfort food including hot dogs from each of the cities that Michelle and Julia are connected to. New York, LA and Chicago.
From the couple: We are two city girls who also love nature and our choice of location echoed that, a green oasis surrounded by downtown LA’s most iconic buildings. We wanted the feel of the wedding to be modern but whimsical, warm, and welcoming for our friends and family. We wrote a note of heartfelt thanks that was at each place setting, we put out games for kids to play and had towels ready if they wanted to splash in the park’s iconic fountain, we personalized our vows (Julia spoke some of hers in Hebrew, Michelle’s first language), we had friends and family pitch in (Michelle’s brother picked the hot sauces for the taco bar), the setting was very reflective of us — casual, fun, whimsical with its bright pink chairs and twinkly lights
Photographer: Jenny Smith & Co
Wedding venue: Grand Park
Florist: Rye Goose
DJ: Michael Antonia (Flashdance)
Attire: Tadashi Shoji, Banana Republic, Michael Kors, Vince Camuto
Catering: Huntington Catering
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day