Modern lush greenery wedding in Jacksonville, Florida
Bri and Fay wanted a modern wedding in early March with a fresh, lush feel. They filled their day with monochromatic colors and greenery. Fay proposed to Bri in Paris, France, and the two were engaged for two years before their wedding. Their first dance was to “Can’t Help Falling In Love” by Haley Reinhart.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Plan a wedding that is true to who you are as a couple. Be different and show your unique qualities through the details. Love cotton candy? Serve that as a late night snack! Hate the bouquet toss? Me too, so don’t do it. Your wedding should be a reflection of you and your fiancee. Do not just follow the “wedding norms” because you feel you have to. We opted out of all the stereotypical wedding traditions and couldn’t be happier that we did.
Advice for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Treat your LGBTQ+ couples like you would any other couple. The vendors that made us feel the most comfortable were the ones that said “brides” or bride 1 and bride 2 without even thinking twice. It is also important to have multiple contract templates so that when asking an LGBTQ+ couple to sign a contract, it does not say “bride and groom.” That was an immediate turn off for me and my wife during the process.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We honestly did not face many challenges, per se, but did feel a bit uncomfortable sometimes. As I said before, we got sent contracts and timelines that said “bride and groom” and would have to correct them. I also had to politely ask vendors if they were LGBTQ+ friendly before booking. Thankfully all of our vendors were very welcoming, but it is still an uncomfortable situation to be in.
Photographer: Olivia Morgan Photography
Ceremony & Reception Venue: The Ribault Club
Florist: The AntiBride
Planner: Sarah Anna Events
DJ: DJ Nick Fresh
Band: Wehner Weddings
Videographer: You and I Pictures
Catering & Cake: The Perfect Pear
Officiant: Rainbow Notary and Nuptials
Bartenders: The Perfect Pour
Hair and Makeup: Studio Bride
Rentals: Luxe Party Rentals
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study
- Carefree bohemian beach wedding in Pensacola, Florida
- Nautical summer beach wedding with Seinfeld theme
- Waterfront brewery elopement at The Piermont in Babylon, New York
- Whimsical, rustic waterfront wedding in San Diego, California