Modern lush greenery wedding in Jacksonville, Florida
Bri and Fay wanted a modern wedding in early March with a fresh, lush feel. They filled their day with monochromatic colors and greenery. Fay proposed to Bri in Paris, France, and the two were engaged for two years before their wedding. Their first dance was to “Can’t Help Falling In Love” by Haley Reinhart.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Plan a wedding that is true to who you are as a couple. Be different and show your unique qualities through the details. Love cotton candy? Serve that as a late night snack! Hate the bouquet toss? Me too, so don’t do it. Your wedding should be a reflection of you and your fiancee. Do not just follow the “wedding norms” because you feel you have to. We opted out of all the stereotypical wedding traditions and couldn’t be happier that we did.
Advice for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Treat your LGBTQ+ couples like you would any other couple. The vendors that made us feel the most comfortable were the ones that said “brides” or bride 1 and bride 2 without even thinking twice. It is also important to have multiple contract templates so that when asking an LGBTQ+ couple to sign a contract, it does not say “bride and groom.” That was an immediate turn off for me and my wife during the process.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We honestly did not face many challenges, per se, but did feel a bit uncomfortable sometimes. As I said before, we got sent contracts and timelines that said “bride and groom” and would have to correct them. I also had to politely ask vendors if they were LGBTQ+ friendly before booking. Thankfully all of our vendors were very welcoming, but it is still an uncomfortable situation to be in.
SEARCH FOR LGBTQ+ FRIENDLY WEDDING VENDORS
Photographer: Olivia Morgan Photography
Ceremony & Reception Venue: The Ribault Club
Florist: The AntiBride
Planner: Sarah Anna Events
DJ: DJ Nick Fresh
Band: Wehner Weddings
Attire: Maggie Sottero & ASOS
Jewelry: Lauren B Jewelry & Holden & Olive and Piper
Attendant Attire: Jenny Yoo & Show Me Your Mumu & ASOS
Videographer: You and I Pictures
Catering & Cake: The Perfect Pear
Officiant: Rainbow Notary and Nuptials
Bartenders: The Perfect Pour
Hair and Makeup: Studio Bride
Rentals: Luxe Party Rentals
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding