The inspiration for this rustic farm wedding ideas shoot actually started with the couple. Our photographer had done their engagement photos and fallen in love with their honest, loving personalities. They are a recently engaged couple with a passion for each other, their kids, and their horses. A rustic theme was perfect for them, and once we found Windy Hill Farm, we focused on using natural elements in the rest of the design. Springwell Gardens used locally grown, seasonal flowers for a pop of color, and woodland botanicals for a very natural look. Wooden details were used throughout from the giant spool tables to the tree trunk platters. We opted for a donut table, pairing them with milk to create a fun, unique alternative to the traditional wedding cake. Setting up the styled lounge in the middle of the goat pasture was the perfect blend of styled elegance and natural wild beauty! Toward the end the goats got curious (of course), and wandered up to join us! Windy Hill is a working farm, so we had fun playing with the goats and baby bunnies that call it home.
From the planner, Emily Thomas
Venue: Windy Hill Farm
Photographer: Rose Trail Images
Planner/Designer: Emily Katherine Events
Attire: Bernard’s Formalwear
Florals: Springwell Gardens
Rentals: The Prettiest Pieces
Cufflinks: Carlisle & Linny
Invite & Program: Wrap Up The Party
Signage: Raleigh Calligraphy & Design
Gifts: Southern Oak Gifts
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- New Jersey passes ‘landmark legislation’ that makes adoption easier for LGBTQ+ parents
- Tropical, timeless wedding in St. Petersburg, Florida
- Glamorous vintage wedding at The Tides Estate in New Jersey
- Where to buy your ethical, conflict-free wedding jewelry
- Modern romantic fall wedding inspiration in Charleston, South Carolina
- Black and white industrial wedding with jungle themed decor
- Have you thought about a fitness resort?
- Tennessee joins trend of states passing anti-LGBTQ+ adoption laws
- You’re married now, should you celebrate your old anniversary?
- Beach destination wedding and honeymoon in Honolulu, Hawaii