Johnny proposed to Chip by creating a “Just say YES!” montage video of friends and family expressing “Just say YES!” in a creative fun way in a 5-10 second clip. After showing Chip the video, Johnny popped the question. Chip said YES!!
From the photographer, Krisandra Evans
Our venue was Trees Atlanta Kendada Center; a nice, clean modern facility with excellent customer service. With our original budget of $20,000 we wanted an eclectic, easy feeling ceremony and reception and we think that is what was achieved with going over budget. Our advice for brides and grooms to be? “Enjoy the process…it only happens once, hopefully!”
From the couple, Chip and Johnny
Johnny and Chip’s wedding was an outdoor affair surrounded by brightly colored foliage. The marriers wore hues of blue and gray and adorned their attire with custom boutonnieres decorated with peacock feather and a commemorative locket to honor loved ones. The pair exchanged vows under cascading white drapery.
The air was cool and damp. A basket of blankets was available at the entrance to the ceremony for guests to grab if they felt chilly. Chip and Johnny took photos under a clear umbrella as rain drops came down.
A custom Jenga set printed with the wedding date was used as the couple’s guest book. Sliders were on the menu including fried chicken and waffles. Reception tables were decorated with a variety of blue vases. For dessert, a cake covered in blue gradient sugar flowers was served.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Parents magazine has its first cover with gay parents, and conservatives are mad
- Winter wedding décor elements to bring the season to life
- I never came out to my grandmother, and then her funeral came
- Fall mountain wedding in Aspen, Colorado
- 6 truths I’ve learned in 10 years of dating my high school sweetheart
- Everything I lost when I started dating my best friend
- Joy-filled engagement photos in Oyster Bay, New York
- LGBTQ+ honeymoon spotlight: Cape Town, South Africa
- Open marriage, transitioning and play parties: one couple’s story of their thriving poly love life
- You’ll want to a be a guest at this couple’s Beauty and the Beast inspired wedding