Johnny proposed to Chip by creating a “Just say YES!” montage video of friends and family expressing “Just say YES!” in a creative fun way in a 5-10 second clip. After showing Chip the video, Johnny popped the question. Chip said YES!!
From the photographer, Krisandra Evans
Our venue was Trees Atlanta Kendada Center; a nice, clean modern facility with excellent customer service. With our original budget of $20,000 we wanted an eclectic, easy feeling ceremony and reception and we think that is what was achieved with going over budget. Our advice for brides and grooms to be? “Enjoy the process…it only happens once, hopefully!”
From the couple, Chip and Johnny
Johnny and Chip’s wedding was an outdoor affair surrounded by brightly colored foliage. The marriers wore hues of blue and gray and adorned their attire with custom boutonnieres decorated with peacock feather and a commemorative locket to honor loved ones. The pair exchanged vows under cascading white drapery.
The air was cool and damp. A basket of blankets was available at the entrance to the ceremony for guests to grab if they felt chilly. Chip and Johnny took photos under a clear umbrella as rain drops came down.
A custom Jenga set printed with the wedding date was used as the couple’s guest book. Sliders were on the menu including fried chicken and waffles. Reception tables were decorated with a variety of blue vases. For dessert, a cake covered in blue gradient sugar flowers was served.
Photographer: Krisandra Evans Photography
Venue: Trees Atlanta
Paper Props: Smitten Paper Co.
Floral Designer: Flowers Unveiled
Event Planner: Peachy Keen Planners
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Best cake topper ideas for LGBTQ+ weddings
- A Gatsby-inspired vow renewal at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia
- A classic black-and-white Vermont wedding with rustic accents and a bold floral choice
- 7 lucky Irish wedding traditions
- Your wedding style according to your zodiac sign
- This destination wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico, featured a rainbow cake and a song from one of the grooms
- This springtime lakeside elopement featured upcycled wedding outfits and a mountaintop picnic
- The best way to register for wedding gifts