How do you know when you’re ready to propose? We asked a real couple
Stevi and Ashleigh got engaged over Thanksgiving after spending three years together. We spoke with them about what it’s like to date long distance, how to know when it’s the right time to get engaged and their adorable dogs, Colbi J and Monte Rey.
Times Square engagement
Alexis and Maria’s favorite winter holiday tradition every year is to go and see the Rockefeller Christmas tree and Macy’s decorated store windows. It was only fitting to take their engagement photos in the heart of the New York City at two of the busiest locations—Grand Central Station and Times Square.
We spoke to the couple behind that epic Harry Potter proposal
When Heather Pearson proposed to Kelsey Stacy, she had no idea that the Harry Potter inspired scavenger hunt proposal she’d spent years planning would go viral—even earning the two a congratulations from J.K. Rowling! We talked to Heather and Kelsey about the epic proposal and why Slytherins get a bad reputation.
How to propose—8 different ideas
You’re feeling ready to ask your significant other to marry you, but now you’re faced with another monumental question: How should you do it? If you know your partner would be seriously wowed by a unique proposal, here are some ideas that will get you inspired.
Fun, colorful arcade engagement photos
Bret and Ryan recreated their first date at Wynwood Arcade with a fun, colorful engagement photo session. They took photos among the bright backdrop of Miami’s art district with their dog and showcased their love of street art, video games, and Star Wars.
Mystical surprise proposal inside a Mexican cenote
Kim surprised Drew with a proposal during their cenote photo session in Tulum, Mexico. She worked with a local Shaman to present a romantic ritual with all four elements and a letter to Drew.
6 questions to ask before choosing a proposal photographer
You’re planning to propose, and you know one thing for certain: You want a professional photographer there to capture the moment. Here are a few questions you can ask to make sure your proposal is as magical as you want it to be.
Fun, whimsical movie theater engagement
Lucas and Justin held their engagement session in downtown Toledo, Ohio, to share their love for the area and each other. They had fun inside and outside a movie theater, tossing popcorn to one another, and explored the local area afterward.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- These are the top destinations for LGBTQ+ Pride events this year
- 11 wedding hats that will make your day as dapper as possible
- Should you both propose? 4 questions to consider before asking
- This fall countryside wedding has all the moody, romantic vibes you need
- 5 spring weddings we love that make great seasonal inspiration
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage
- 5 things I’ve learned about LGBTQ+ weddings as an Equally Wed editor
- Tropical destination white beach wedding in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Harry Potter wedding ideas for an absolutely magical day
- This couple took photos with their dog at Downeast Cider in Boston