Floral wedding inspiration in New Orleans, Louisiana
For this fun and romantic end of the summer wedding styled shoot, event designer Brooke brought a bright, summer freshness to the dreamlike property of Il Mercato, a beautiful Spanish colonial style building nestled in the heart of the Garden District in New Orleans. Brooke created a colorful wedding day motif including a bright and eccentric flower bar to celebrate the history of the venue, which was originally constructed to be a neighborhood market.
The brides, newlyweds Jenna and Zabeth, loved their wedding last year so much that they offer to model for styled shoots whenever possible. Their love is beautiful to witness and their energy and connection were perfect for this shoot.
The star of the show was the gorgeous floral installation by the floral wizard Kim Starr Wise. Extravagant and extraordinary, it is the perfect final homage to summer in New Orleans—fun, bright and larger than life. The bold, romantic color-palette combined flawlessly with the soft, lacy femininity of Jenna’s gown.
A spreading bridal bouquet, a delicate and unique wedding cake and a beautiful antique credenza covered in bright blooms are the colorful highlights of this refreshing bridal inspiration. Even as summer comes to a close in New Orleans, we’ll be left warmed and enchanted by this beautiful shoot!
Photographer: Chelsea Rousey Photography
Event Venue: Il Mercato
Dress Designer: Jenny Yoo
Tuxedo and Mens Attire: Stitch and Tie
Equipment Rentals: Pure Vintage Rentals
Invitation Designer: Paper Refinery
Makeup Artist: Melissa Vaccaro
Hair Stylist: Ali Vasquez
Bridesmaid Dresses: Jenny Yoo
Cake Designer: Chasing Wang
Floral Designer: Kim Starr Wise Floral Events
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank
- Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news
- A ‘Straight Pride’ parade is planned and people are very upset