Floral wedding inspiration in New Orleans, Louisiana
For this fun and romantic end of the summer wedding styled shoot, event designer Brooke brought a bright, summer freshness to the dreamlike property of Il Mercato, a beautiful Spanish colonial style building nestled in the heart of the Garden District in New Orleans. Brooke created a colorful wedding day motif including a bright and eccentric flower bar to celebrate the history of the venue, which was originally constructed to be a neighborhood market.
The brides, newlyweds Jenna and Zabeth, loved their wedding last year so much that they offer to model for styled shoots whenever possible. Their love is beautiful to witness and their energy and connection were perfect for this shoot.
The star of the show was the gorgeous floral installation by the floral wizard Kim Starr Wise. Extravagant and extraordinary, it is the perfect final homage to summer in New Orleans—fun, bright and larger than life. The bold, romantic color-palette combined flawlessly with the soft, lacy femininity of Jenna’s gown.
A spreading bridal bouquet, a delicate and unique wedding cake and a beautiful antique credenza covered in bright blooms are the colorful highlights of this refreshing bridal inspiration. Even as summer comes to a close in New Orleans, we’ll be left warmed and enchanted by this beautiful shoot!
Photographer: Chelsea Rousey Photography
Event Venue: Il Mercato
Dress Designer: Jenny Yoo
Tuxedo and Mens Attire: Stitch and Tie
Equipment Rentals: Pure Vintage Rentals
Invitation Designer: Paper Refinery
Makeup Artist: Melissa Vaccaro
Hair Stylist: Ali Vasquez
Bridesmaid Dresses: Jenny Yoo
Cake Designer: Chasing Wang
Floral Designer: Kim Starr Wise Floral Events
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- How to choose a wedding venue
- They is 2019’s word of the year
- Everything you need to know about planning your LGBTQ+ honeymoon
- National groups blast GOP federal LGBTQ rights bill as permitting ‘licenses to discriminate’ by wedding vendors, religious groups
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Pantone reveals classic blue as its 2020 Color of the Year
- The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it