Backyard barbecues are a time for friends and family to get together, enjoy some food and have fun. Sounds a lot like a wedding, doesn’t it? Combine the fun of a wedding with the ambiance of an at-home party and you’ve got the perfect wedding reception all planned out. Here are a few must-haves for your backyard barbecue wedding.
Decorate your venue with lanterns, string lights or even Christmas lights to add some brightness and maybe even a little color to your space.
Enjoy the great outdoors and have some fun. Turn up the music and have a dance party outside. Break out the corn hole and giant Jenga and let guests bond over who can become the winning team.
Create a seating area centered around a fire pit. Guests can enjoy chatting fireside or cozy up if the night gets chilly. A great focal piece for filling a large empty space in your backyard.
What fun would a fire pit be without s’mores? Set up a s’mores bar and let guests make their own or serve a s’mores flavored wedding cake for a spin on the traditional camp snack.
Light up the night with some citronella torches to help keep the mosquitoes away. If the nights are getting cool, where you live, swap the torches out for heat lamps to help keep guests warm outdoors.
Nothing says outdoor party quite like cold, refreshing lemonade. Serve the classics like lemonade and iced tea. Add a flavorful spin like raspberry or strawberry or turn them into spiked cocktails with the additional of some vodka.
What would a backyard barbecue be without the food? Fire up the grill and serve some hamburgers, hot dogs and grilled veggies as your meal. Throw in some favorite sides like macaroni and cheese, potato salad and watermelon to create the perfect picnic meal.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- ABC’s ‘Bachelor’ TV franchise makes history with first same-sex engagement
- Monochromatic countryside double wedding inspiration
- Lesbian couple denied by California winery wedding venue receives apology after performer Nikki Levy intervenes
- 12 creative and unique alternative wedding cakes for your celebration
- 22 couples with tattoos who prove ink is the best wedding look
- Lesbian pioneers in fight for marriage equality now in bitter divorce battle challenging definition of marriage
- Double engagement inspiration in the Arizona Cactus Garden
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- Gay dads around globe get less parental leave than lesbian parents and straight couples
- How we chose our wedding party and asked them to share the day with us