Backyard barbecues are a time for friends and family to get together, enjoy some food and have fun. Sounds a lot like a wedding, doesn’t it? Combine the fun of a wedding with the ambiance of an at-home party and you’ve got the perfect wedding reception all planned out. Here are a few must-haves for your backyard barbecue wedding.
Decorate your venue with lanterns, string lights or even Christmas lights to add some brightness and maybe even a little color to your space.
Enjoy the great outdoors and have some fun. Turn up the music and have a dance party outside. Break out the corn hole and giant Jenga and let guests bond over who can become the winning team.
Create a seating area centered around a fire pit. Guests can enjoy chatting fireside or cozy up if the night gets chilly. A great focal piece for filling a large empty space in your backyard.
What fun would a fire pit be without s’mores? Set up a s’mores bar and let guests make their own or serve a s’mores flavored wedding cake for a spin on the traditional camp snack.
Light up the night with some citronella torches to help keep the mosquitoes away. If the nights are getting cool, where you live, swap the torches out for heat lamps to help keep guests warm outdoors.
Nothing says outdoor party quite like cold, refreshing lemonade. Serve the classics like lemonade and iced tea. Add a flavorful spin like raspberry or strawberry or turn them into spiked cocktails with the additional of some vodka.
What would a backyard barbecue be without the food? Fire up the grill and serve some hamburgers, hot dogs and grilled veggies as your meal. Throw in some favorite sides like macaroni and cheese, potato salad and watermelon to create the perfect picnic meal.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- How our lives changed when we became gay parents with kids
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank
- Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news