6 real weddings that will get you in a cozy mood for the holidays
If you’re quite in the holiday spirit yet (and you want to be), maybe you just need a moment to turn up the feels with some holiday romance. There aren’t nearly enough cheesy, Hallmark-style holiday movies with actual LGBTQ+ leads, so we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite wintry weddings to get you in a seasonal mood.
We’re pretty obsessed with this mountain elopement on the Dolomites in Italy. I mean, just look at that snow. If this doesn’t make you want to book a snowy trip and get hitched, nothing will.
Fuzzy coats, red flowers and shoes and rustic decor all bring this wedding to life. We feel chilly—and like snuggling up—just reading about it.
The fact that Megan and Bree had an actual sleigh at their holiday-inspired wedding puts all other winter weddings to shame. The decor is like something directly out of a holiday rom com and we are here for it.
The black-tie attire is all we really need to say for this one; it’s stunning and adds a level of luxury to the holiday season that’s just dreamy. It makes us wanna get dressed up in our fanciest clothes and go to a gala with our SOs.
We’re not sure if Luca and Gerrard actually got married in the winter or not, but their rustic destination wedding was definitely winter-inspired. Just look at those lights!
We aren’t exactly sure what it is about this Beauty and the Beast-themed wedding that gives us serious holiday vibes, but maybe it’s because there’s something magical going on here.
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH