6 real weddings that will get you in a cozy mood for the holidays
If you’re quite in the holiday spirit yet (and you want to be), maybe you just need a moment to turn up the feels with some holiday romance. There aren’t nearly enough cheesy, Hallmark-style holiday movies with actual LGBTQ+ leads, so we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite wintry weddings to get you in a seasonal mood.
We’re pretty obsessed with this mountain elopement on the Dolomites in Italy. I mean, just look at that snow. If this doesn’t make you want to book a snowy trip and get hitched, nothing will.
Fuzzy coats, red flowers and shoes and rustic decor all bring this wedding to life. We feel chilly—and like snuggling up—just reading about it.
The fact that Megan and Bree had an actual sleigh at their holiday-inspired wedding puts all other winter weddings to shame. The decor is like something directly out of a holiday rom com and we are here for it.
The black-tie attire is all we really need to say for this one; it’s stunning and adds a level of luxury to the holiday season that’s just dreamy. It makes us wanna get dressed up in our fanciest clothes and go to a gala with our SOs.
We’re not sure if Luca and Gerrard actually got married in the winter or not, but their rustic destination wedding was definitely winter-inspired. Just look at those lights!
We aren’t exactly sure what it is about this Beauty and the Beast-themed wedding that gives us serious holiday vibes, but maybe it’s because there’s something magical going on here.
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Philadelphia garden wedding with bold blue suit and cape sleeve gown
- Elegant engagement session after romantic New Year’s Eve proposal
- Wonderland-themed wedding inspiration in the gardens of O’ahu
- 6 gender-neutral LGBTQ+ inclusive wedding terms to make all couples feel included
- California Beach photo session to celebrate virtual wedding
- Couple flooded with kindness after Tennessee wedding venue rejected them for being gay
- 18 gorgeous face masks from Etsy for your Covid-safe wedding
- Colorado Gov. Jared Polis marries Marlon Reis and makes history
- How To Mix Up Tradition For Your LGBTQ+ Wedding
- Minimalist Louisiana wedding with floral cake and sparkler send off
- 6 stylish bow ties for autumn weddings
- WNBA teammates Jasmine Thomas and Natisha Hiedeman are engaged
- 6 children’s books that celebrate LGBTQ+ families
- 6 challenges straight couples don’t have to deal with when planning a wedding
- Desert LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration featuring native Arizona plants and a custom floral suit
- Celestial-themed Missouri wedding featuring navy and gold
- South Carolina engagement session celebrating LGBTQ+ love in the outdoors
- 5 floral fads in vogue for ’21 and ’22 weddings
- Disney star Garrett Clayton married longtime partner Blake Knight in a garden party wedding
- Dazzling wedding dress trends for fall