6 real weddings that will get you in a cozy mood for the holidays
If you’re quite in the holiday spirit yet (and you want to be), maybe you just need a moment to turn up the feels with some holiday romance. There aren’t nearly enough cheesy, Hallmark-style holiday movies with actual LGBTQ+ leads, so we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite wintry weddings to get you in a seasonal mood.
We’re pretty obsessed with this mountain elopement on the Dolomites in Italy. I mean, just look at that snow. If this doesn’t make you want to book a snowy trip and get hitched, nothing will.
Fuzzy coats, red flowers and shoes and rustic decor all bring this wedding to life. We feel chilly—and like snuggling up—just reading about it.
The fact that Megan and Bree had an actual sleigh at their holiday-inspired wedding puts all other winter weddings to shame. The decor is like something directly out of a holiday rom com and we are here for it.
The black-tie attire is all we really need to say for this one; it’s stunning and adds a level of luxury to the holiday season that’s just dreamy. It makes us wanna get dressed up in our fanciest clothes and go to a gala with our SOs.
We’re not sure if Luca and Gerrard actually got married in the winter or not, but their rustic destination wedding was definitely winter-inspired. Just look at those lights!
We aren’t exactly sure what it is about this Beauty and the Beast-themed wedding that gives us serious holiday vibes, but maybe it’s because there’s something magical going on here.
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day