9 epic intimate elopements that may make you reconsider eloping
Alaina Leary Lavoie, 4 years ago 1 min read
Eloping isn’t often what people immediately think of when they imagine a wedding. Instead, they envision a bigger wedding with a traditional ceremony and reception, maybe picturing traditions like exchanging vows or cutting a wedding cake. But elopements are a great alternative to a larger wedding, and you don’t have to lose out on all the personality and excitement just because you’re having a more intimate ceremony.
If you’re looking for inspiration or just want to feel warm and happy, here are a few of our favorite elopements and intimate weddings.
TEXAS COUPLE ELOPES TO LGBTQ+ FRIENDLY NEW ZEALAND AND THEIR WARM, MOODY BEACH WEDDING PHOTOS ARE TO DIE FOR
HISTORIC ATLANTA COURTHOUSE ELOPEMENT
THIS TRAVEL-INSPIRED HOT AIR BALLOON ELOPEMENT WILL SERIOUSLY LIFT YOUR HEART
SAN FRANCISCO CITY HALL ELOPEMENT WEDDING
MANHATTAN CITY HALL GAY ELOPEMENT
THIS WINTER MOUNTAIN ELOPEMENT ON THE DOLOMITES IN ITALY IS SERIOUSLY COZY
INTIMATE WASHINGTON D.C. ELOPEMENT
FLOWER FARM WEDDING WITH S’MORES BAR
GARDEN WEDDING MEETS DESERT IN PALM SPRINGS LESBIAN ELOPEMENT
Alaina Leary Lavoie
Alaina Leary Lavoie is an award-winning editor and journalist. She is currently the Communications Manager of the nonprofit We Need Diverse Books and was the senior editor for Equally Wed Magazine from August 2018 to March 2020. Her work has been published in New York Times, Washington Post, Refinery29, Healthline, Teen Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Boston Globe Magazine, and more. In 2017, she was awarded a Bookbuilders of Boston scholarship for her dedication to amplifying marginalized voices and advocating for an equitable publishing and media industry. Alaina lives in Boston with her wife and their two cats. You can find Alaina on Twitter and Instagram @alainaskeys.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds
- Celebrating LGBTQ+ love with a colorful Pride elopement photo shoot featuring rainbows, glitter and custom cocktails
- Broadway stars Ben Platt and Noah Galvin are engaged (again!)