9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
There’s something special about themed weddings, whether you’re someone who can imagine going all out with Disney decor or 20s themed attire or not. As you’re planning your own dream wedding, let these nine themed weddings inspire you—even if your wedding won’t follow a similar theme down to the detail, there’s a lot to love here.
If you love space, you’re going to cry when you see this celestial-inspired wedding. Everything from the venue at the Dyer Observatory to their custom galaxy-lined suits to the moon centerpieces will take your breath away.
Cody and Jonathan went all out for the decorations for their Beauty and the Beast inspired wedding. You’ll feel like you literally stepped inside the fairy tale. They even brought in characters from the movie in the most realistic ways.
Chad and Al had their Great Gatsby inspired wedding in an actual castle in North Carolina for the perfect amount of 20s flair. It has all the best parts of Gatsby if only Jay were gay and had a happy ending.
If you’re super into the Wes Anderson aesthetic, you’ll appreciate Tiffany and Ailee’s wedding in Joshua Tree National Park complete with moody backdrops, dramatic photography, and a touch of surrealism.
Wesley and Jared’s wedding hits all the high notes. We love all the small ways these two incorporated their shared love of music into their wedding (especially the cake).
“We’re not in Kansas (or Tennessee) anymore.” That’s what this wedding, inspired by one of the marriers’ childhood love of the movie, does perfectly: It whisks you away just like you’re Dorothy. We love the shoes the marriers and their wedding parties wore, and all the small details that make the film come to life.
Kaylee and Brittany went with a serious Disney theme for their Palm Beach zoo wedding. They walked down the aisle to “The Circle of Life” from the Lion King and their first dance was to “Love Will Find a Way” also from The Lion King. Each table at their reception was decorated with one of the many Disney love stories, from Sleeping Beauty to Lady and the Tramp.
Qifei and Mollie channeled Hayao Miyazaki’s animated film Spirited Away with a Japanese garden and koi pond and classic parasols. They also honored Qifei’s Chinese heritage with a traditional hair combing ceremony and Mollie solving 10 puzzles written on DIY note cards.
Jada and Katherine took their Princess Bride-themed engagement and turned it into an entire wedding! Inspired by the classic novel and iconic film, they incorporated attire, decor and dozens of details like a Buttercup cocktail. Their cake is one of the most fun wedding cakes we’ve ever seen!
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL