9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
There’s something special about themed weddings, whether you’re someone who can imagine going all out with Disney decor or 20s themed attire or not. As you’re planning your own dream wedding, let these nine themed weddings inspire you—even if your wedding won’t follow a similar theme down to the detail, there’s a lot to love here.
If you love space, you’re going to cry when you see this celestial-inspired wedding. Everything from the venue at the Dyer Observatory to their custom galaxy-lined suits to the moon centerpieces will take your breath away.
Cody and Jonathan went all out for the decorations for their Beauty and the Beast inspired wedding. You’ll feel like you literally stepped inside the fairy tale. They even brought in characters from the movie in the most realistic ways.
Chad and Al had their Great Gatsby inspired wedding in an actual castle in North Carolina for the perfect amount of 20s flair. It has all the best parts of Gatsby if only Jay were gay and had a happy ending.
If you’re super into the Wes Anderson aesthetic, you’ll appreciate Tiffany and Ailee’s wedding in Joshua Tree National Park complete with moody backdrops, dramatic photography, and a touch of surrealism.
Wesley and Jared’s wedding hits all the high notes. We love all the small ways these two incorporated their shared love of music into their wedding (especially the cake).
“We’re not in Kansas (or Tennessee) anymore.” That’s what this wedding, inspired by one of the marriers’ childhood love of the movie, does perfectly: It whisks you away just like you’re Dorothy. We love the shoes the marriers and their wedding parties wore, and all the small details that make the film come to life.
Kaylee and Brittany went with a serious Disney theme for their Palm Beach zoo wedding. They walked down the aisle to “The Circle of Life” from the Lion King and their first dance was to “Love Will Find a Way” also from The Lion King. Each table at their reception was decorated with one of the many Disney love stories, from Sleeping Beauty to Lady and the Tramp.
Qifei and Mollie channeled Hayao Miyazaki’s animated film Spirited Away with a Japanese garden and koi pond and classic parasols. They also honored Qifei’s Chinese heritage with a traditional hair combing ceremony and Mollie solving 10 puzzles written on DIY note cards.
Jada and Katherine took their Princess Bride-themed engagement and turned it into an entire wedding! Inspired by the classic novel and iconic film, they incorporated attire, decor and dozens of details like a Buttercup cocktail. Their cake is one of the most fun wedding cakes we’ve ever seen!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Monochromatic countryside double wedding inspiration
- Lesbian couple denied by California winery wedding venue receives apology after performer Nikki Levy intervenes
- 12 creative and unique alternative wedding cakes for your celebration
- 22 couples with tattoos who prove ink is the best wedding look
- Lesbian pioneers in fight for marriage equality now in bitter divorce battle challenging definition of marriage
- Double engagement inspiration in the Arizona Cactus Garden
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- Gay dads around globe get less parental leave than lesbian parents and straight couples
- How we chose our wedding party and asked them to share the day with us
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage